What were your reasons to move to oz.

RUDDMACE

I married an Aussie but we never thought we'd move there - now we're heading to rural Victoria next year and cant wait :)

We have lots of reasons specific to our situation like closer to family, better financial security, space and sun to raise our kids, better schools, I could go on. But really, it comes down to wanting an adventure.

Better schools ?

You will probably still work stupidly long hours and experience even poorer management practices !......but it will be an adventure. Good luck and stay positive.:cute:

Haha That is so true

I married an Australian girl. At the start of the relationship she was clear that for us to have a long term relationship I would need to be prepared to move to Oz at some point. I thought that would be cool, and liked the idea of the adventure. Over 10 years later and she loves the UK and I am making us move. Also, all my best mates moved over to Melbourne about 4 years ago - almost all at the same time!

I married an Australian girl. At the start of the relationship she was clear that for us to have a long term relationship I would need to be prepared to move to Oz at some point. I thought that would be cool, and liked the idea of the adventure. Over 10 years later and she loves the UK and I am making us move. Also, all my best mates moved over to Melbourne about 4 years ago - almost all at the same time!

Cool that's like our situation...my Ozzie partner loved the uk ! So 4 years on, how are ur mates finding oz ?

I have an Aussie boyfriend and we were in the UK at the worst of the GFC. He owned a house in Melbourne which he was renting out, and after 18 months of struggling it made financial sense for us to move here. I have spent time in Aus so knew more or less what I was getting myself into - and almost 4 years later things are good.

Australia is in no way easier than the UK - in fact I would say the opposite. Longer working hours, less annual leave, expensive health care (compared to NHS), expensive housing in the major cities - but it offers a lot also. I hate aussie summers. Can't understand anyone who enjoys 44 degree summer days :err:.

Archived