DAB digital radio

tina0101

Guest The Pom Queen

We use Dab Plus over here so check if it can be converted. Also we have a Dab plus but can't get Dab in Cairns so maybe it's only in major cities

Guest Guest26110

This may seem like a silly question!

Will my DAB digital radio work in Australia? Just sorting for the packers tomorrow and have no idea if it's worth taking!!

Tia

Ours doesnt work here in Queensland, gutted

This may seem like a silly question!

Will my DAB digital radio work in Australia? Just sorting for the packers tomorrow and have no idea if it's worth taking!!

Tia

Most radio here is from the 80's so it will have Buckley's chance of working here! :laugh:

In all honesty, I brought mine out and upgraded it via the USB. It worked OK until it failed and those 'Pure' folk refused to do anything. I had a 'wireless' for 20 years without fail, but have in the past 5 years had to replace a DAB radio twice.

no, its dab+ out here, same as in europe.

the good news is that it will sound better than dab!

the bad news is you'll need a new radio to hear it.

the uk jumped on it first thinking they were smart, however by the time they sussed out it was a lemon they had spent loads of tax payers money so couldn't stop.

sell your old radio, sure someone will buy it :)

I'm gutted to hear my DAB won't work. Will bring mine anyway. It's the best present I've ever been bought. It looks like a Marshall Amp, and goes up to volume 11!! Will use it as an ornament unless I can get the mechanics changed.

We have DAB radio in the UK and although I listen to it quite often,Im more like to listen online to stations,particularly if its an Oz radio station so perhaps you could do the same but in reverse!lol (I listen to Triple J online,which is an Oz station,and also a talk back station as I like to keep up to date whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived