Struggling

BilboBaggins

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a way to move to Perth for the last 15 months now but have not yet found a successful route.

Is their a website that advertises jobs for people looking to move to OZ that are willing to offer Visas after a certain time frame?

Sorry its a bit vague but not sure what extra info maybe need.

I currently have an IT business in the UK but have only been doing it for 7 years, i have been told that i would need $800'000 to start a new business in OZ and my company just hasn't got that sort of capital, or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Any help appreciated.

Bilbo

Thanks for that i was looking to become a employee as i fear that if i move to Oz and start a business then the Lifestyle aspect of the reason for moving would go out the window.

One of the only reasons my wife will move if its means spending more time together.

Thanks for that i was looking to become a employee as i fear that if i move to Oz and start a business then the Lifestyle aspect of the reason for moving would go out the window.

One of the only reasons my wife will move if its means spending more time together.

Not particularly likely Bilbo..sorry to say...on any route in...the first years are mainly establishing yourselves...the economic climate means there are plenty of Aussie jobseekers...

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a way to move to Perth for the last 15 months now but have not yet found a successful route.

Is their a website that advertises jobs for people looking to move to OZ that are willing to offer Visas after a certain time frame?

Sorry its a bit vague but not sure what extra info maybe need.

I currently have an IT business in the UK but have only been doing it for 7 years, i have been told that i would need $800'000 to start a new business in OZ and my company just hasn't got that sort of capital, or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Any help appreciated.

Bilbo

No there are no websites for jobs for people looking to move to Australia. Quite the opposite, companies are supposed to demonstrate they did all they could to find a local candidate before being able to sponsor, so the website you are looking for would be against all of that.

As for business visas, it is not capital you need, it is a track record of substantial revenue that is required. Something like the figure you quoted. If you are in IT though, why not look into skilled migration, ration, some IT occupations qualify for the skilled migrant visa.

Before you do any of that, can I strongly recommend you think about your reasons for moving and try to work out if they are real or cliches. For example moving for a warmer climate might not be a reason for everyone, but it is factual.

Moving for a better life or because you think you will spend more time with your wife is a notion or rather, that this will happen simply because you plonk yourself somewhere else is a notion. I can categorically say we have not found these extra hours in the day to spend together the day is still 24 hours long and we spend a lot of it at work, as we always did, we do have a lot less annual leave now though. Aussies do not clock off at 3pm and go to the beach, they are pretty hard working as far as I can tell.

Archived