Child Benefit Question

Guest JohnandTracy

Guest JohnandTracy

Hi

Can someone tell me how much child benefit you receive in Oz? From what I understand if you receive child benefit in the UK and move out to Oz on a pr visa you can claim it out there, obviously informing CHB office in the UK you no longer live in the UK!! Also is it just the same amount for everyone or do you get given a certain amount for how much you earn?

Just trying to find out as much info as possible well in advance so I can pull some figures together on what finances would be like.

Many thanks

Tracy

Guest graham$nic

Hi yes we get family assistance (child benefit) it is means tested not like the uk where it is one amount.You can also get rent assistance again means tested but it all help's!!!!!!!!

Guest JohnandTracy

Thanks for all the info everyone... from what I've looked at on the net and it being means tested we would get some child benefit if I don't work!

Good idea it being means tested though - I agree with that.

Just OH working, and we get $525 a fortnight, with $80 of this being rent assistance though. That's based on his wage being an estimated $65k. The more kids you have, a higher rate you get; three kids counts as a large family, and you get large family payments! If you go on the Centrelink website, there's a calculator to work out what you may be entitled to.

Jo

Guest kazza

Hi ,were a soon to be a family of 7 !! Had a look on the centerlink website but couldnt find the calculator does anyone know what you click on to find it ?

Archived