jobs for QS

gurdeep bhamra

i am being ignored by agencies etc, i have 15+ years of experience as a QS & have registered with every agent in the whole of Australia, applied for many jobs, but still 0, what am i doing wrong? my barrister told me to be humble, i am on my hands & knees with my hands out please help me someone

i am being ignored by agencies etc, i have 15+ years of experience as a QS & have registered with every agent in the whole of Australia, applied for many jobs, but still 0, what am i doing wrong?

That's what you should be asking the agencies, not people like us who have never seen your applications or how you perform in interview.

i am being ignored by agencies etc, i have 15+ years of experience as a QS & have registered with every agent in the whole of Australia, applied for many jobs, but still 0, what am i doing wrong? my barrister told me to be humble, i am on my hands & knees with my hands out please help me someone

One thing you could be doing wrong is sounding desperate and begging on your hands and knees. I am assuming you are not from a western society, but in the western society these are not attractive traits. Be calm, don't beg, don't sound desperate. Sound confident and hold your head high. Market yourself. Yes you have to sound enthusiastic and interested, but you have to also convince the company that they would be lucky to get you as well as the other way around.

People are damn rude to this OP! Why the need for narcissistic comments.

Don't listen to the rude comments. Anyway.... Jobs are on the low here in Aus and not enough employment to go around. Its just as bad as the UK now.

Unfortunately being from the UK won't be helping you either. Discrimination is high. Sorry you are struggling to find work....

Your barrister?what do you mean? Unfortunately often in Australia you don't get informed if you haven't made it to interview. Certainly agencies often don't. If I were you I would ring one or two and ask for feedback around your application. Good luck.

Firstly, where are you currently living? If you are not in Australia recruitment agencies will not bother with you as there is no shortage of QS / Contract Administrators looking for jobs here in Australia and for recruitment agents to make money they need to place a strong candidate in the role in a short space of time. Gone are the days of shipping QS's over from abroad. We need more info to try give an informed opinion on your situation.

Archived