Any migration agent with info??Please

Dannielle24

Hi I have been posting on this forum since lodging our 189 visa, we are living in Ireland and what I am looking to know is, if contacting immi(when we have a agent)about status of our visa, could this be of any harm to the application? As our agent recommended we shouldn't, we have been waiting 13 weeks since lodging and have no contact!

Hi I have been posting on this forum since lodging our 189 visa, we are living in Ireland and what I am looking to know is, if contacting immi(when we have a agent)about status of our visa, could this be of any harm to the application? As our agent recommended we shouldn't, we have been waiting 13 weeks since lodging and have no contact!

Contacting the Department will not achieve anything as in most cases you will not be contacted until a decision is made on your application.

If you have an Agent and you contact the Department yourself, you run the risk that the Department will list you as the new point of contact and your Agent will then be out of the loop and receive no further communication in regards to your application.

13 weeks is not an excessive time for a 189.

This is a bad time of the year for making predictions as to how long a visa will take.

The Australian government works on a 1 July to 30 June basis. It also has a quota for the number of visas it will issue.

So if they are behind the quotathey process them like crazy to get to the quota. If they are ahead of the quota, or if the quota looks like no problem they may delay the issuing of visas at this time of the year and may delay to the 2015 year.

My understanding is that the quota will be easily achieved, so there may well be delay in the issuing of visas at the moment.

Contacting the Department will not achieve anything as in most cases you will not be contacted until a decision is made on your application.

If you have an Agent and you contact the Department yourself, you run the risk that the Department will list you as the new point of contact and your Agent will then be out of the loop and receive no further communication in regards to your application.

13 weeks is not an excessive time for a 189.

I thought by going with immi website that the processing time for this visa was 3 months, so with still waiting after the 12 weeks, and people who lodge after me are getting grants seems confusing.

If you look at the above link applicants before 3 march have been allocated toa CO. also as you have front loaded Medicals and police checks you may not be contacted by a co unless they require further info. Listen to your agent that's what your paying them for.

Yes I understand that, but what I am trying to understand is people who have lodged the 14th of march, same date as me and even in May are been granted.

Yes I understand that, but what I am trying to understand is people who have lodged the 14th of march, same date as me and even in May are been granted.

Processing times will be affected by many variables such as which office is processing, case officer experience, country of passport, etc. Sometime case officers will go on holidays too.

Don’t be too concerned if your time do not match other peoples, as I am sure that you will also find other applicants who have been waiting much longer.