Partner Points for Visa 189

scrappydoo

Fellas,

I'm falling short of 5 points when filing EOI for Visa 189. Can I claim partner points for my wife ? I got my skills assessed by ACS. My wife is a Primary School Teacher, will getting her skills assessed by Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) help or she is supposed to have the same skills as me to claim partner skills ?

No. Her occupation is only on the CSOL. In order to be eligible to claim partner points, the partner's occupation must be on the same list as that of the primary applicant i.e. the SOL.

If you're not already claiming 20 points for all 8s in IELTS, working at getting that result will be your best bet.

No. Her occupation is only on the CSOL. In order to be eligible to claim partner points, the partner's occupation must be on the same list as that of the primary applicant i.e. the SOL.

If you're not already claiming 20 points for all 8s in IELTS, working at getting that result will be your best bet.

Thanks for the response, getting an 8 on all sections is quite difficult, as chances of missing out on one or the other is there. I got an overall 8 with 8.5 in Reading & Listening. 7.5 writing and 7.0 in speaking, even though I thought I'll get a better score at speaking.

You don't seem to have any alternative to IELTS for those points. There are some good tips in the first link below and some encouragement and a tip in the second. Keep at it and good luck!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/194414-ielts-tomorrow-thursday.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/210169-ielts-tuition-paid-off.html#post1936494241

190 visa requires your occupation be on the CSOL and on that state's skilled migration occupation list (each state publishes their own which you can Google). Some state/occupation combinations have extra criteria such as evidence of a job offer, some qualifications attained in that state, etc. but if you qualify you get 5 points for the state sponsorship.

190 visa requires your occupation be on the CSOL and on that state's skilled migration occupation list (each state publishes their own which you can Google). Some state/occupation combinations have extra criteria such as evidence of a job offer, some qualifications attained in that state, etc. but if you qualify you get 5 points for the state sponsorship.

I searched on the nomination criteria and its quite challenging. Especially Victoria, where they I would need show finances of around 40K AUD for 2 dependents + me. I didn't see any requirement for CSOL, all it says that my occupation should be on their list, which it is. I guess, my only option is to re-try IELTS with an aim to get 8 in all sections. Maybe I'll go for some IELTS classes.

• 1 year later...

Please note the details taken from the Govt. site,regarding the partner skill,nothing is mentioned about SOL or CSOL

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Please note the details taken from the Govt. site,regarding the partner skill,nothing is mentioned about SOL or CSOL

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

• had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

See the bold red - which bit of that do you not understand? It says the same list - there are two lists. The SOL and the CSOL. Its says the SAME LIST. Ie, if your occupation is on the SOL, your partners must be as well

Guest The Pom Queen

Partner skills

Rajan this thread is from 2014 and is probably outdated now so I will close it to stop confusion.

Archived