Can you recommend a cheaper vineyard in Yarra Valley for over 60's???

LadyCroft

Gran and Grandad are coming over in a few months. They have always LOVED South Australian/South East Australian red wine so are very excited to be coming to the Yarra Valley. Mornington Penunsula is close for us but they would like to see the Yarra Valley and buy some bottles of red direct from the vineyards.

I have looked at Zonzo in Yarra Glen as they have amazing views, are not too far into the Yarra Valley (they don't want to be in the car for tooooo long) and they are child friendly (we will have toddlers and young kids with us).

The ideal is to find a cheaper winery not too far into the Yarra Valley where we can go for lunch, have amazing views and they can buy a couple of bottles of red from the place itself and take home.

Thanks

Yeh we can just go for lunch somewhere which is what we have decided would be better for Granny n Grandad. Just looking for advice on where to go for lunch. Somewhere with great views of the vineyards but not too expensive or too fancy. Maybe I should have just said that in the first place but I tend to waffle on.

Not great views but innocent bystander in healesville do good food, good wine and are child friendly.

As a bonus they are opposite the white rabbit brewery.

We are heading there after the kids finish their play in the playground and do their walk through of the kangaroo enclosure of healesville sanctuary.

Dont forget the chocolate factory in yarra glen!

Not the flashiest, but probably the closest. Kellybrook Winery which was nice and pleasant and have been there a couple of times (can't be bothered to drive further out)

http://www.kellybrookwinery.com.au

They do reasonably priced Sunday lunch (need to book)

Bought a couple of bottles from their cellar. Supposed to be good for their own cider (not a big fan of cider myself).

http://media.theage.com.au/travel/travel-special/our-patch--the-yarra-valley-and-dandenong-ranges-5440577.html

a few ideas here.

Olinda is a great place to stop for a meal, but not the views you are after while eating, but great scenery when driving through on the mount Dandenong tourist road.

The dairy farm in the yarra valley is a great place to drop in as well.

In the main street of yarra glen is a restaurant/eatery run by a local micro brewery as well with some great local beers. cant remember the name.

Not great views but innocent bystander in healesville do good food, good wine and are child friendly.

As a bonus they are opposite the white rabbit brewery.

We are heading there after the kids finish their play in the playground and do their walk through of the kangaroo enclosure of healesville sanctuary.

Dont forget the chocolate factory in yarra glen!

I went to Healesville Sanctuary to bother a kangaroo less than 2 weeks ago. It was great, but sat here in the rain in Manchester seems a world away.

I went to Healesville Sanctuary to bother a kangaroo less than 2 weeks ago. It was great, but sat here in the rain in Manchester seems a world away.

You need to be careful, bothering a kangaroo can get you arrested!

Archived