Lots to consider now

beanbear

We were hoping to be moving back to the UK mid year, but now I am facing 6-8 months of treatment for breast cancer, which is a bummer. The new concerns are firstly for my daughter, who we had thought would be going back into year 11 and taking a few GCSEs so she could do A levels. This would also have given her 3 years of residency to go to uni on normal fees. Now we need to know what the alternatives are. We will be moving back in the UK Spring, when I complete the treatment. Very bad timing!

Also how will it be getting taken on by a UK hospital as I will need lots of follow up care?

Any ideas welcome?

On the plus side, I am getting great treatment and have a wonderful surgeon. We are public patients and don't have private cover, but it hasn't mattered.

Ladies always do you self exams and take any changes seriously.

Can you send her home to stay with relatives in August so she can start the academic year on time? Failing that, could you afford a boarding school?

Sorry to hear about your illness though and all the best for a complete recovery!

We were hoping to be moving back to the UK mid year, but now I am facing 6-8 months of treatment for breast cancer, which is a bummer. The new concerns are firstly for my daughter, who we had thought would be going back into year 11 and taking a few GCSEs so she could do A levels. This would also have given her 3 years of residency to go to uni on normal fees. Now we need to know what the alternatives are. We will be moving back in the UK Spring, when I complete the treatment. Very bad timing!

Also how will it be getting taken on by a UK hospital as I will need lots of follow up care?

Any ideas welcome?

On the plus side, I am getting great treatment and have a wonderful surgeon. We are public patients and don't have private cover, but it hasn't mattered.

Ladies always do you self exams and take any changes seriously.

Sorry I have no advice for you beanbear, I just wanted to wish you the strength to get through your treatment, and well for the future and a full recovery.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis beanbear, here's to a speedy recovery.

Very long shot but are there any international schools in your city that would have a British curriculum? I know kids can take GCSEs in Dubai at the British School there. Obviously that's UAE and not Australia but could be worth a quick Google just in case.

Is there any way you could move mid-treatment and immediately start treatment in the UK? Incredibly stressful time to move, I know but if you could be guaranteed continuity of care it might be doable.

In a similar situation having to delay return due to illness (my son's). Health comes first and it won't harm your daughter to delay a year - Good luck with your treatment - a good friend has just pulled through breast cancer - I know worrying about kids doesn't help but hopefully you will be able to prioritise your needs - not easy for mums. Could she do the international baccalaureate? Very portable.

Archived