Form 80 ?????

monk

Just when we think we have filled in and uploaded every possible form this form 80 seems to reared it's ugly head !!!! We applied for a 189 visa on the 28th of April , front loaded all our docs including our medicals and police checks and while reading other peoples timelines we have noticed some people have also done a form 80 , does everyone have to fill one out as when we look at other peoples timelines they only mention medicals , police checks ?

Is this just an extra form the CO may ask for ?

We are really fed up waiting , more so my wife who feels her life is in limbo and is nipping my heid about the wait !!!!

Thanks guys M.

I thought it was only necessary at the request of the CO. I definitely didn't complete one / or was asked to complete one. But maybe it varies depending on the visa that's being applied for. Hopefully someone else will come along and provide better information than me!

Hi guys

I do need to do Form 80 and I have a quick question. Did any of you use your UK NI number when asked

Do you currently have, or have you ever had, any national identity

documents or numbers (including birth registration numbers, social

security cards etc)?

Hi guys

I do need to do Form 80 and I have a quick question. Did any of you use your UK NI number when asked

security cards etc)?

No, didn't bother with that. You have already stated that you are a British citizen and have have provided passport details at the start of the form.

It does seem a bit of an odd question though.

No, didn't bother with that. You have already stated that you are a British citizen and have have provided passport details at the start of the form.

It does seem a bit of an odd question though.

Hi guys

security cards etc)?

Why wouldn't you provide it. I figure if they ask for the information it must be for a reason so it's best to provide it. I provided my Australian TFN and my Canadian SIN.

If I were you, I'd look at Form 80 and make sure you can answer all the questions. Hopefully you wont be asked. We didnt have to do it, but I looked at it and wrote down all the times we were out the country so that if the request came, that wouldn't hold us up!! It was quite surprising all the trips we'd done!

I followed the guidance of my Migration Agent.

A UK National Insurance number is not an "identification document" which q15 on the form asks for.

Ah ok, I assumed NI = National Identity number (I'm not British so not familiar with the term), so it seemed it was exactly what form 80 was asking for.

Form 80 is used for security clearance (so far I understand). Typically you need to send it when the CO asked for it. Otherwise don't provide it.

I think they used form 80 and its verification to judge your potential as a security threat. Usually applicants from countries not issuing Machine Readable Passports (MRP) are required to provide the form 80. Though MRP passport holders may require to provide it. For example, we hold MRP, but we had to provide form 80 and it took almost one year to get the security clearance. whenever I asked my CO about the outcome of form 80, he replied it is not under his hand and he can only proceed further after getting the verification results. Thankfully, we got the clearance after about one year and got our visa as well.

Hope it helps.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the replies. Been unwell for the past week and starting to feel like a human again :-)

Form 80 is on the application checklist, so I assume I have to send it with my application rather than waiting for a CO to request it.

As for the NI Number, we won't use use it. :wink: