Top 21 reasons to visit Australia

calNgary

Some stunning photos in this collection. How many have you visited since you've been here? Im adding Lake Hillier onto my 'to do list' having seen this.

'' Pristine beaches, outback adventures, wildlife trips, hip cities – you name it and Australia has it. Thus it doesn’t come as a surprise that Australia is on most travelers’ wish list. Still in two minds about visiting Australia, then take a tour through our top 21 reasons to visit Australia. We are sure, by the end of it, you would have already planned your itinerary.''

http://www.ultimateplaces.net/21-reasons-to-visit-australia/

The trouble with WA is the distances between things. I totally love Esperance but it is such a long way from anywhere that I doubt I'll get there again, sadly.

Im counting down the years until we retire,lol, then we can take off in a camper and explore all these areas.

Cal x

Guest Guest40285

There sure is some unreal places to visit, Im doing the whole grey nomad thing for sure, seen lots on that list but there is so much more I reckon. Its also amazing what you can explore and find on your own doorstep.

If you get chance to travel before you retire then go for it. We intended to do the whole grand tour thing, but unfortunately my wifes health and stopped that idea. So if you get chance go for it and enjoy yourselves. You never know what is round the corner to stop you.

Guest The Pom Queen
Surprised that the Pinnacles in WA wasn't mentioned..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmk-_Kise_tspEGOBQNe6j5E9YizEX0EAWyO-kyOETPyjjFqHl

Or the Bungle Bungles..another WA wonder

bungle-bungles.jpg

I would think bungle bungle comes under the Kimberley @Bobj would know

Wow I have done 16, in 11 years, and going to the Kimberly's in July, but we are retired and love traveling around.

going to Sydney next week for daughter's birthday and going to drive south down the coast for a few days probably as far as Eden, and back via Kangaroo Valley.

If any one has any tips about not to be missed places en route or nice places to stay please let me know.

thanks.

Guest The Pom Queen
Wow I have done 16, in 11 years, and going to the Kimberly's in July, but we are retired and love traveling around.

going to Sydney next week for daughter's birthday and going to drive south down the coast for a few days probably as far as Eden, and back via Kangaroo Valley.

If any one has any tips about not to be missed places en route or nice places to stay please let me know.

thanks.

Eden is beautiful, if we hadn't got children we would have moved there many years ago

I would think bungle bungle comes under the Kimberley @Bobj would know

Yup, The Bungle Bungles as the area was known as, is now called Purnululu National Park, but there is a Lodge there called Bungle Bungle Wilderness Lodge. There is a smaller version of the "beehive" like rock formation at Kununurra, Called, in the early days, "Hidden Valley". It is now known as Mirima.

The Purnululu area is SE of Turkey Creek, now known as Warmun.

Turkey Creek community was an Aboriginal Community.

Incidentally, a pommy mate of mine took up the first lease on the west side of the road. He had a bore drilled for his water supply and used to serve petrol and diesel from 44 gallon drums using a rotary hand pump. He also used a dipstick to measure the amount of fuel sold. Harry built a shed from local timber in which to sell the fuel. A couple of years later he upgraded to a metal shed about 30' x 20'. He originally went to the Kimberlies as a Main Roads truck driver. All that was in the 1960s.

Cheers, Bobj.

Many thanks, Katie for reminding me...thumbs.gif

Archived