Butler to Belmont?

Eddie10

Hiya,

Need your help.

We are emigrating to Perth in July and need to find a good area for our young family (1 year and 3 yrs old)

We love Butler, looks clean and a lovely area to bring up the children.

The only thing we dont know, how long will the commute be from Butler to Belmont? This is where my husbands office is..

Will this be too far??

Regards

I think the words pain in the ass come to mind. My husband was doing this journey and it was at least 1.5hrs coming home, sometimes more. We are in hillarys now and it still takes from 50mins to 1.5 hrs if you dont time it right. He will be leaving before 7am and getting back after 6pm unless he can work flexi hours.

You could live in Belmont. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it's up and coming, and is about due for a face lift. Property is good value there, and you are about 6k from the city centre.

It's no rougher than butler. You could buy a property with the aim of knocking down and rebuilding when you are ready.

Use google maps. It has live traffic data too.

50km-ish. 45mins in no traffic (straight through the city and through the tunnel).

Right now (7am), it's suggesting down the free way, off at Reid, and then backroads past Morley to Belmont (Grand Prom). Just over an hour.

Reporting that traffic is already bad (under 40kmph) from Joondalup south to Osbourne Park on the freeway.

You could live in Belmont. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it's up and coming, and is about due for a face lift. Property is good value there, and you are about 6k from the city centre.

It's no rougher than butler. You could buy a property with the aim of knocking down and rebuilding when you are ready.

Yeh, you could live in Belmont, but given the choice I would go for Butler any day and put up with the travel. I travel about 32Km from the Northern suburbs to Stirling Highway and it takes me about 45 mins to an hour. I love where I live though and don't mind the drive. You get used to it, get the radio on and zone out.

Archived