mistake in nomination

SKJB

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help...

My partner and I are applying for the RSMS on our own, without a MA.

Our employer applied for for an RCB, which was approved within a week. The employer then completed the nomination form, attaching all required documents, however when asked whether we had received RCB advice, he put NO as an answer! We have attached the RCB approval document but there is no way of getting back into your nomination application to change that answer.

Does anyone have any advice? Can you contact immi to ask them to change the nomination? No sign of a CO yet! Will this delay our nomination from being approved?

Thanks in advance!

I am not going to scare you, but I would say immigration is sometimes very stubborn... my work mate applied RSMS while he was on 457 visa. He was working more than 2 years, so he needed to apply as "transit stream". but the company ticked "direct stream" for his application, and the result of this, his application was declined... Just only one tick!! He collected and provided all required information/paperwork, but the only one tick killed his all work and money. He is claming to MRT but it is just for staying and working in Aus until his next visa is ready. It is an extreme example and not happen all the time, depending on CO as well... but it would be better if you can fix even a tiny issue on your application if possible...

One aspect of the 186 process I've read time and time again is that the employer nomination and employee application MUST both indicate the same visa, the same stream and the same occupation. Absolutely must or the visa will be declined. There's even a warning that comes up for the employee application regarding this.

If the employer has realised an error on the nomination, they should be able to notify DIBP of this before a decision is made to see if this can be corrected.