If/When you go back what WON"T you miss about Australia

wattsy1982

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well they don't welcome anyone that arrives in a boat.

That is the only good thing this useless Govt does....Boat people who needs them...??? Did you not notice unemployment in Australia is climbing??

Did you know that British students cant get casual work in the UK for a "reasonable" wage??..Why??..Because mass immigration has pushed wages down,

Cant you see its starting here too?? Well??...Why would you want them here ??

Forgot AFL, the reason it is only played in Oz is because it is shitte, the most boring game I have been forced to watch on a few occasions as someone bought me tickets, compared to our rugby league it is played by skinny legged weaklings in tight shorts....garbage.

sorry to cross swords with you again , my Warwickshire lad ....but to me AFL IS THE GREATEST GAME ON THE PLANET ......ive watched it ....played it a low level ......watched these guys train .....and seen the hits close up .....

I knew a lad very well who want from local , to east perth , then to hawthorn , and on to the mighty bombers ....I have huge respect for his achievement ......ITS A MANS GAME .

That doesn't mean I think anything less of our football , although watching some ****** get £250k a week for doing jack , riles me a bit

That is the only good thing this useless Govt does....Boat people who needs them...??? Did you not notice unemployment in Australia is climbing??

Did you know that British students cant get casual work in the UK for a "reasonable" wage??..Why??..Because mass immigration has pushed wages down,

That's my great worry for oz echidna ......the last bastion , where a bloke ( or woman ) , can arrive in oz with a few quid in their pocket , and make it .......that's gone in the U.S now , and the U.K .......because you wont make it on minimum wage .

The very things the LEFT has fought for ....good wages and conditions , will quickly be eroded , and the left wingers are now in a real quandary , because the very people they have allowed , and often encouraged into the country , are now driving down wages and conditions

This.

I've killed off countless 'convos' because of my lack of enthusiasm about AFL/NRL/Soccer...

But they will only ever talk about a sport in which they are winning.

Thats why they are always happy to talk about AFL because it's obviously only Australian teams taking part.

Forgot AFL, the reason it is only played in Oz is because it is shitte, the most boring game I have been forced to watch on a few occasions as someone bought me tickets, compared to our rugby league it is played by skinny legged weaklings in tight shorts....garbage.

I actually went to watch a few AFL games and I thought it was brilliant. Amazing atmosphere at the MCG, you could have a beer, lovely crowd, no fighting and really exciting matches.....plus you can get tickets for any match you like (same with the cricket....can't do that in he UK)

But I could never comprehend why it was the basis for every persons life in Australia. It seemed literally the only thing that Aussies were passionate about. When I was there, Rudd was trying to overthrow that terrifying ginger woman with the big nose yet again but nobody wanted to discuss that.....every man, woman and child was more interested in the Collingwood left back (or whatever they are called).....and it's true...it was on the news and radio every single day.....but I do think that's more a Victorian thing.

Right, I need to leave this site again soon as I promised myself I'd never be an ex-pom in Oz talking shite from the UK!

Because you have enough space and a little compassion wouldn't go amiss even if they can't have a permanent home.

How do you mean?

its only really played in Oz as the game does not appeal to other countries, Cricket Rugby and Footy are world games but minor sports that mean a lot to some countries like in Oz and the USA but not that much outside these countries...each to their own but I found it boring as hell even though I tried to get into it.

Quick list -

Rude drivers

Going shopping with no shoes on

Beetroot on burgers - not for me!

Decent sausages

The way adverts always refer to everyone as 'Australians' as if they're a different species, lol

The fact that the news is on ALL THE TIME

and

I miss dressing up. No one dresses up in Redcliffe. Ever :)

Oh and parents taking their kids round Coles with their onesie or dressing gown on. Bloody kids waking around in nightclothes shopping with their parents FFS

I was in the pub on Friday evening about 7:30 pm and saw someone with a girl who must have been around 5 (or a very tall 4). Pub on a Friday night at that time with a child of that age is a bit wrong, what was very wrong was........she had a dummy in

FFS.....This isn't an Aus specific point I'm making, there are strange people everywhere, but I mean....I do try not to be too judgemental, but there are limits

:no:

I was in the pub on Friday evening about 7:30 pm and saw someone with a girl who must have been around 5 (or a very tall 4). Pub on a Friday night at that time with a child of that age is a bit wrong, what was very wrong was........she had a dummy in

FFS.....This isn't an Aus specific point I'm making, there are strange people everywhere, but I mean....I do try not to be too judgemental, but there are limits

:no:

of course not..... you post this on a thread titled "If/When you go back what won't you miss about Australia".........I believe you.

I love Tom's post. How cool would that be to take that to one of those Migration shows they do in the UK, walking around with it on banners outside the entrance.

I was actually laughing to myself whilst reading that, remembering clearly nearly most of those scenarios.... The only thing you forgot to mention is some Aussie feet. People that walk around bare footed have some of the mankiest feet I have ever had the misfortune to see. Killed my appetite whilst food shopping though! Every cloud has a silver lining.....

:mask: Yeah!

My mad mod skills got a work out. Or something. Let's move away from insulting each other and get back to the topic please.

I wouldn't miss Australian politics. They flip-flop all the time never listen to the public, break election promises, and don't give a hoot about people's jobs or welfare.

Tony Abbot should be named worst Australism or the year.

There were only a couple of things that irked me whilst I was living there.

The no shoes thing I don't miss, one time was shopping at the local IGA, and there was a guy shirtless and shoeless and in the middle of summer, he was sweaty as anything and leaning all over the veggies. I can tell you I didn't buy any veggies that day lol. There is a reason for the policy of no shoes no shirt no service.

The other is stubby shorts on men, not the best look IMO.

That's about it, pretty much everything else about Australia I really liked.

Cheers

Karen

The way adverts always refer to everyone as 'Australians' as if they're a different species, lol

Hahaha this one! If they aren't Australians their opinions aren't as valid. 9 out of 10 Australians would recommend these wonderful beef sausages to a friend...Made by Australians, for Australians..

Archived