What do you feed your dogs?

HappyHeart

Bit random I know but at the moment my dog is eating better than me..

I used to give her Advance dog biscuits which is a vet approved premium dry food and supplement with chicken necks and sardines about 3 x weekly...plus leftovers suitable for a dog

Now she gets chicken every day mixed with her biscuits (all she would eat when very sick) I buy the chicken portions @$3.99kg from IGA they are brilliant, some big breast pieces in there plus drumsticks and thighs and I take the meat off the bone for her..much cheaper than the $12kg breast meat I was buying.

I also give her boiled eggs (which she loves but they dont love her) and other bits of meat, offcuts boiled up or roasted plus cooked pasta or rice. 2 serves of sardines a week. Wholemeal bread as treats. This dog eats better than me!

I have decided I can't leave her at Christmas to go back to England. Her recent attack has made me realise how much she means to me..

What do you feed your dog?

Premium dry food which is shunned until baked beans or leftovers are added lol.

Treats are carrots and apples.

I raw fed when she was a pup but found it difficult to maintain on warmer days (British warm lol). She did love turkey necks and chicken wings though xx

Guest Guest66881

Dry mix every other day, chicken and veggies twice a week and tin meat the rest, or a mix and match of any of the previous.

Premium dry food which os shunned until baked beans or leftovers are added lol.

Treats are carrots and apples.

I raw fed when she was a pup but found it difficult to maintain on warmer days (British warm lol). She did love turkey necks a nd chicken wings though xx

I know this feeling! I wouldn't dare give her beans though..she stinks enough as it is..in the morning I add warm water to the biscuits to make a gravy..seems to be more palatable (though she would eat them dry before her attack)

Guest Guest16631

........whatever is put down......lol...

........biscuits from the produce bulk buy.........no colour in them......!

........left overs.......

.........veg ,rice,pasta........

.........raw chicken necks.....

.........marrow bones ..........

..........and if I've got some extra cash......a schmaco........treat....!

Guest The Pom Queen

It was Eagle and raw . Chicken frames were the only thing that put weight on him

Guest Guest40285

Rabbit, chook carcases, apples, carrots, bones from me butcher mate, Roo mince, skinned a couple feral Cats I shot the other day..... he fanged them quick smart, little handful of dry food but not much, the way its heat extruded takes lots of the goodness out of it. ( My Cousin is an animal nutritionist )

Guest The Pom Queen
Eagle? Has your doggy gone now? I think I remember now..I bet you miss him heaps

Yes http://www.eaglepack.com there are not many dried dog foods I like, even though I'm suppose to be an Advance nutritionist I have no time for them or Royal Canin.

I do miss him more than anything worst decision I ever made but the best decision for him.

Guest The Pom Queen
Rabbit, chook carcases, apples, carrots, bones from me butcher mate, Roo mince, skinned a couple feral Cats I shot the other day..... he fanged them quick smart, little handful of dry food but not much, the way its heat extruded takes lots of the goodness out of it. ( My Cousin is an animal nutritionist )

Apart from the feral cats it sounds a great diet, the feral cats is only me turning my nose up at the thought.

Guest Guest40285
Apart from the feral cats it sounds a great diet, the feral cats is only me turning my nose up at the thought.

Was broke that week @ The Pom Queen theres feral cats a plenty all over Aus. Meats meat eh ?

Anything and everything ...I've got labs.

so much better than a Hoover :wink:

Oh I love Labs, beautiful beautiful dogs...that and golden retrievers..chocolate labs, black labs, blond labs...all beauties...post a pic Fi x

Oh I love Labs, beautiful beautiful dogs...that and golden retrievers..chocolate labs, black labs, blond labs...all beauties...post a pic Fi x

Ok Easter Monday just gone, me and my boys at south beachimage.jpg

my babies xx

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh my..the middle ones face...I could eat him. x

Haha..so weird, they are brothers...but people are always commenting that one looks so happy, they other has such a miserable face, always looks sad.

Haha just like me.....I have that kinda face, that makes strangers stop and say "don't worry, might not happen"...even when I'm having a right good time

Whatever dry food is on offer at Tesco. He's none too impressed with any of it, but wet food does strange things to his delicate little gut and he leaves us presents to find in the morning, so he has to put up with it! He does get scraps of meat and gravy if we're feeling kind. :cute:

How much a week does it cost to feed a medium sized dog ?

Looking at 2 dogs for my daughters:

Small - Cavalier king Charles spaniel

Medium - French bull dog

Although being a realist I will be the one doing the walking and looking after.

Bit random I know but at the moment my dog is eating better than me..

I used to give her Advance dog biscuits which is a vet approved premium dry food and supplement with chicken necks and sardines about 3 x weekly...plus leftovers suitable for a dog

Now she gets chicken every day mixed with her biscuits (all she would eat when very sick) I buy the chicken portions @$3.99kg from IGA they are brilliant, some big breast pieces in there plus drumsticks and thighs and I take the meat off the bone for her..much cheaper than the $12kg breast meat I was buying.

I also give her boiled eggs (which she loves but they dont love her) and other bits of meat, offcuts boiled up or roasted plus cooked pasta or rice. 2 serves of sardines a week. Wholemeal bread as treats. This dog eats better than me!

I have decided I can't leave her at Christmas to go back to England. Her recent attack has made me realise how much she means to me..

What do you feed your dog?

Firstly Christmas where do you live ? Many kennels now cater for dogs needing "special" care.

With the diet there is a lot of discussion for the dogs to only have a raw food diet, but i have always questioned that. Pet dogs have evolved from the dogs in the wild who would eat anything they could find including plants. I dont feed "wet food" that is tin food from the supermarket. we have a little fluffy, so he gets raw chicken necks for breakfast, dinner is then either sardiens ( he would eat the tin they come in if he could !) raw lamb heart very cheap from the butcher 60 cents each i cut them in half and one half is his dinner, I have found a supplier of oven baked dry kangaroo, emu, or chicken sticks, or Black Hawk complete dog food so a mix of different things. Your diet sounds like it is fat free and I did a similar thing with a dog who has now past away due to pancreatitis.

Archived