Re applying for visa!

the hutchies

Hello, it's been a while since I was last on here. We had a PR visa for Victoria unfortunately we let it run out in 2011! We have been regretting it since and looking into reapplying. Has anyone been successful and how hard it is? TIA:biggrin:

It will be same as applying last time, except more expensive now.

It may be expensive, but just be thankful you're allowed to re-apply. When I came out to Oz (over 30 years ago) you got one shot. If you were granted a PR visa and let it expire, you couldn't apply again, ever. I know a couple of people who got stuck in the UK because they went home to care for an elderly relative, stayed beyond the end of their Resident Return Visa, and lost their PR status. So it could be worse!

I realise you've probably already investigated it but are you sure that re-applying for a brand new permanent visa is your only option? You haven't provided much information so it's worth asking... Did you actually spend any time in Australia on your (176??) visa? If you did, there's an outside chance that you may be able to get a Resident Return visa. It will depend on why you left, why you stayed away and other factors but is by far your best option if at all possible. Definitely worth investigating if you haven't already done so.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx RRV

Archived