Good News on Form 80

Raul Senise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

our case officer asked for form 80 and we submitted a month ago still no responce our agent says wait a couple more weeks

surely 30 days is enough

if anyone can tell us how long they waited i would appreciate any advice

we are a family of four moving from england to adelaide

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this have to be really exactly right?

I used to be a DJ and music producer - although I finished this job in 2008. SO for our upcoming application I will need to list all that travel. I was abroad often, sometimes in 5 or 6 different countries a month. I'm pretty sure I can get most of this right, as countries outside of europe often required a visa and a passport stamp. Within Europe this was never required. I hope I can work it all out, but might miss soem if I can pin down the information.

Does anyone know if this would be an issue?

You will have to list ALL travel as best you can including Europe.

I work at sea and have travelled to hundreds of countries, hundreds of times.

Colleagues of mine have had this same dilemma/problem when they applied for visas.

The majority just answered the question to the best of their knowledge and made a statement attached that they had answered to the best of their ability.

A few tips, have a look through old emails of booking of flights etc if you have them, look at you Facebook profile or something similar if you'd 'tagged' yourself somewhere, look at passports for stamps, get bank statements for any time you'd used your card overseas, ask friends and relatives for help.

Good luck.

You will have to list ALL travel as best you can including Europe.

I work at sea and have travelled to hundreds of countries, hundreds of times.

Colleagues of mine have had this same dilemma/problem when they applied for visas.

The majority just answered the question to the best of their knowledge and made a statement attached that they had answered to the best of their ability.

A few tips, have a look through old emails of booking of flights etc if you have them, look at you Facebook profile or something similar if you'd 'tagged' yourself somewhere, look at passports for stamps, get bank statements for any time you'd used your card overseas, ask friends and relatives for help.

Good luck.

Great stuff.

This is what I planned to do. I just wasnt sure if I could get them all, but i reckon I could get most of them, and sign the bit 'to the best of my ability'

Thanks Captain.

Matthew

You're welcome.

I think that the key is to make every reasonable effort to provide the information. I don't think they'll hang you from the yardarm for missing out a booze run to France or weekend in Dublin for example, but if you miss off the three months in Afghanistan or Syria then you might be in trouble.

I just bought a whole heap of brochures from the cruise line I used to work for from eBay for £3 with free delivery!! (I suspect the delivery will cost more than what I paid in total). Then I just look at what ship I was on at the time and work out what places we were at and note those dates down.

• 1 month later...

Hello All, my first message on this Forum :)

According to previous posts, I realized that Form 80 is required in some cases, while in some others it is not. Could anyone tell me if Form 80 will further delay processing of 190 visa (and by how long) compared to cases when that Form is not required?

Thank you