190 visa with no work expereince post qualification?

Hi All

It is my understanding that under the skills select visa system for a 190 that actual work experience is not required, am I correct in assuming this?

If you have a qualification from a Uni that is directly related to a category on the SOL and as long as you get the correct number of points for a EOI should this do?

Some one I know has submitted their docs to VETASSESS to have the skills assessment completed but VETASSESS are asking for CV info and info related to the last 5 years of work. I understand that one can get points for years of work completed in the field post completion of qualification but has anyone had a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS directly after completing the qualification?

Thanks i advance for any help

Yes, you need a Vetassess (or whatever the body for the skill/job in question) assessment for a 190 visa in the relative field of work and if you don't have the right amount of work experience, you don't get a positive assessment and thus are not eligible to put in a EOI.

Vetassess are very strict/fussy -whichever - as we have regretfully found to our cost and I'd suggest you at least seek the advice of a migration agent before pursuing as you could be wasting $600+ otherwise.

The SC 190 visa requires that you have the necessary skills and experience for the occupation you are nominating. To do prove this you must provide a positive skills assessment.

Different occupations have different requirements with regard to qualifications and the number of years experience in the occupation before a person is classified as 'skilled'.

The specified skills assessment authority is responsible for assessing whether the individual is considered skilled and has their own requirements. Within the Professional Occupations assessed by Vetassess the actual number of years experience required varies depending upon the occupation and qualifications but all require a minimum of at least 1 years relevant work experience.

Hi All

It is my understanding that under the skills select visa system for a 190 that actual work experience is not required, am I correct in assuming this?

If you have a qualification from a Uni that is directly related to a category on the SOL and as long as you get the correct number of points for a EOI should this do?

Some one I know has submitted their docs to VETASSESS to have the skills assessment completed but VETASSESS are asking for CV info and info related to the last 5 years of work. I understand that one can get points for years of work completed in the field post completion of qualification but has anyone had a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS directly after completing the qualification?

Thanks i advance for any help

There are one or two occupations at do not demand work experience for skills assessment, accountant I some such for example. But these occupations are few and far between and anything skills assessed by vetassess will require experience. Anyway it is all explained in the post above so I won't repeat further.