Burns Beach, Perth

waglio

We are thinking of settling in the Burns Beach (Perth) area.

Any views / comments on the area and surroundings?

Any opinions regarding purchasing a home in this area? Is it a good investment?

​Would appreciate any feedback from anyone that knows the area or have also settled here.

I've always loved Burns beach, but it is pricey, and does seem to be surrounded by less desirable suburbs. You can get more for less close by.

Thanks for your reply. We also loved the area immediately, but due to not knowing about the surroundings, I'm a little cautious of rushing into to it. Which other areas close by are you referring to?

Guest Guest66881

Brightons a bit of a mish mash for me really, go ocean side of Marmion and your prices go up wherever you look.

Besides you will need the obligatory speed boat/jet ski 6ltr ute a couple of high end 4x4s to fit in, oh and speak with a full english breakfast voice.

Yes the cafe does good food and a real meeting point for locals. My sister in law is in Perth and we go there quite often when visiting. I don't know much about the local area though.

I quite like Quinns rock - bit different. Million dollar houses by old fashioned shacks ;)

Guest Guest66881

Yeah Quinns a bit of a backwater in parts but like i said get the ocean side on Marmion and the prices just go sillier, i dislike as they are mainly boxes built in sandboxes.

Brightons a bit of a mish mash for me really, go ocean side of Marmion and your prices go up wherever you look.

Besides you will need the obligatory speed boat/jet ski 6ltr ute a couple of high end 4x4s to fit in, oh and speak with a full english breakfast voice.

Just curious, what's a full English breakfast voice?

Guest Guest66881
Just curious, what's a full English breakfast voice?

Scottish sausage, english bacon and welsh eggs on irish bread.:wink:

Thanks for your reply. We also loved the area immediately, but due to not knowing about the surroundings, I'm a little cautious of rushing into to it. Which other areas close by are you referring to?

Personally I would be looking below Hillary's, maybe around woodvale.

Burns is nice, nice coastal path, nice beach, nice (overpriced) cafe, playpark...windy though and if you're going that far up, you'd get better coastal value elsewhere like Yanchep, Alkimos, Brighton etc...

Woodvale ain't 'all that' and I wouldn't rate the school either...tidy suburb, granted but overpriced again....

Burns is nice, nice coastal path, nice beach, nice (overpriced) cafe, playpark...windy though and if you're going that far up, you'd get better coastal value elsewhere like Yanchep, Alkimos, Brighton etc...

Woodvale ain't 'all that' and I wouldn't rate the school either...tidy suburb, granted but overpriced again....

I don't have any experience of duncraig or woodvale high schools, but I've heard good reports on both. What don't you like about woodvale.

We are thinking of settling in the Burns Beach (Perth) area.

Any views / comments on the area and surroundings?

Any opinions regarding purchasing a home in this area? Is it a good investment?

​Would appreciate any feedback from anyone that knows the area or have also settled here.

50% overvalued.

Burns beach is a very nice new are with the nice price tag that comes along. Its opposite iluka which is also an affluent area and across from kinross which is ok as well with older houses but still new compared to areas closer to the city. Its at the end of the freeway so makes it closer than going up to clarkson, mindarie, quinns etc, which is another 10/15 mins drive from the freeway. It may not have any shops but its a less than 5 min drive to currumbine shops with restaurants, cinema and petrol station, and not far to the train station.

you could certainly do far worse than burns beach!

Archived