Registered Nurse needs advise on 190 visa

JJ333

I recommend that you get an agent.

My agent told me recently that the quota for 190 has been exceeded and only 189 is available. If that's the case, you could take IELTS, get a score of 8.0, which would give you 10 extra points. (Then minus five for no state sponsorship = 65 points).

I suggest doing the skills assessment before the EOI. Any part of the process could see delays, so get everything ready in advance (including police checks, certified documents, etc).

And the information's all online, on the IMMI website, but it takes a long time to make sense of it. Again, I suggest getting an agent.

I am a British registered nurse planning to apply for the subclass 190 visa permanent residence visa. I am registered with AHPRA and will have 60 points if I get state nomination.

I have a few questions. Could someone help?

1. Can I apply myself or do I need to apply through a migration agent. Is it difficult to do by myself?

2. Should I get ANMAC (special) assessment first and then state nomination before I apply for EOI or am I supposed to apply for state nomination and EOI together.

3. What is the time frame to apply once invited for application. I need to know as I work full time in case I apply myself I need to plan the time.

4. Is form 1276 the identical to the online application form e-visa form 1393? And am I supposed to submit health and character documents along with the e-visa application.

5. There is any e-book,guide or book which could help in applying for the visa?

Hi jj333

How did You did you get your ahpra registration and what qualifcation did you put?

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Hi kangar00 thanks for your advise. I don't understand what you mean by quota for 190 has exceeded. Do you mean for nursing?Moreover https://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/- says te and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations

I hope this isnt the case. I plan to submit for a 190 visa, I'll have 60 points in total including the 5 additional for this visa. I am too registered with APHRA already and was getting excited when you were speaking of not needing to sit the IELTS. However, I realise that I am only exempt sitting the IELTS for the ANAMC assessment and not the visa itself. A requirement of the visa is to sit the IELTS (no getting out of it unfortunately!).

Hi Emilio

I am a new member here.I am registered nurse in UK working in a nursing home.I am in the process of my skill assessment by ANMAC.I am lil bit stuck with the professional reference letter.Can u please through some light regarding how it should look to be exact to the description of ANMAC.

Also,i dnt have a bachellor's deegree.Rather i have a diploma and hoping that it will be fine and ANMAC assessment will be able to claim 15 points.

Any help and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi

i am sorry i dont have this information i did my skill assessment through VETASSESS, my profession is different i work as an urban and regional planner

i wish i could help maybe someone else can help

Quick update after looking into this abit more, can anyone confirm this?

So, I am a 24 year old surgical registered nurse (Diploma) already in Adelaide (from the UK) and registered with APHRA on a working holiday visa.

My plan is to obtain a 190 visa to stay in Adelaide indefinitely. From what I can tell, you need 60 points to apply for this visa.

Visa 190 = 5 points

Age = 25 points

IELTS 7 = 10 points (Have not yet taken the exam)

Qualification = 15 (If my diploma is seen as equal to bachelors degree)

Australian work experience = 5 points (I will have been working with an agency for one year this October).

So there are a couple of things I need clarifying before applying for any visa.

First, would I only require a modified ANMAC assessment as I am already registered with APHRA thus eliminating the need for doing an academic IELTS?

Second, would I only be able to start applying for this visa once I have reached 1 year in employment in Australia (October)?

Lastly, If I did need to score 8 in the IELTS to achieve enough points to cover any potential loss in points, would I only need to score an overall 8 or an 8 across all sections of the exam?

Ta!

Hi Dan,

I'm no expert, and there are many on here, but as far as I know, you would only need modified skills assessment by ANMAC, so you wouldn't require ielts, only proof that you have studied for 5 years in 'English'. If you did take the ielts test it's 8s across all subjects. But if it's only points for visa, and not ANMAC, you wouldn't need to sit the academic test, only the general, which is easier! My diploma was assessed by ANMAC as batchelor degree equivalent, so why not get your skills assessed first, then you can claim points on the basis of the ANMAC assessment?

I hope that all makes sense!

Best wishes.

Hi Dan,

I'm no expert, and there are many on here, but as far as I know, you would only need modified skills assessment by ANMAC, so you wouldn't require ielts, only proof that you have studied for 5 years in 'English'. If you did take the ielts test it's 8s across all subjects. But if it's only points for visa, and not ANMAC, you wouldn't need to sit the academic test, only the general, which is easier! My diploma was assessed by ANMAC as batchelor degree equivalent, so why not get your skills assessed first, then you can claim points on the basis of the ANMAC assessment?

I hope that all makes sense!

Best wishes.

Great! That's what I thought! However, as I have already submitted proof of studying English yo ahphra, would I have to repeat this for anmac?

Also, what do you mean claim points for the skill assessment??

:)

Great! That's what I thought! However, as I have already submitted proof of studying English yo ahphra, would I have to repeat this for anmac?

Also, what do you mean claim points for the skill assessment??

:)

Sorry, not sure on first point, as I did full ANMAC assessment, so had to sit ielts. Once you have your ANMAC assessment done, it will state what level it has assessed your diploma at, and you should then be able to claim 15 points. As you stated on your OP 'assuming my diploma is assessed as a batchelor's degree'. ANMAC will clarify that.

All the best

• 2 months later...