Sponsorship but no degree

TomasMykal

Hi guys

I am working in Sydney but am originally from Uk. I am on a whv however work are asking to sponsor me.

The thing is I have no degree. The role is in a Uni, it is an administration type role.

Can they sponsor me? They are quite willing to and have asked if they name/create a role for me would that help...?

Thanks

First off have a look through the sol and csol and see if you can find a job that fits. If you can, google the code and that will tell you the MINIMUM qualifications and experience needed.

If you can tick those boxes you can look at visas. If not then it's a no go no matter how much they want you.

Thanks mate

It is hard to find the right choice. I do have a CELTA and have had it for over 5 years however Im not sure if that counts as "higher education" . My experience is teaching and so it is relevant to what im doing

There are roles on there that might be suitable but regarding the assesment is it quite in-depth? Not that that would be an issue just wondering

Hi guys

I am working in Sydney but am originally from Uk. I am on a whv however work are asking to sponsor me.

The thing is I have no degree. The role is in a Uni, it is an administration type role.

Can they sponsor me? They are quite willing to and have asked if they name/create a role for me would that help...?

Thanks

Having a degree is not a requirement for a visa. However, I would be surprised if an "administration type role" was eligible for sponsorship. It probably is not on the occupation lists and further there are plenty of Australians looking for admin work, so even if you found an occupation code that suited, the company would have to prove they could not find anyone else.

Having a degree is not a requirement for a visa. However, I would be surprised if an "administration type role" was eligible for sponsorship. It probably is not on the occupation lists and further there are plenty of Australians looking for admin work, so even if you found an occupation code that suited, the company would have to prove they could not find anyone else.

Mmm I say admin but its much more than that. My experience of living in Asia and being an English teacher are the main reasons they employed me. There are occupations on there that are quite relatable to my experience and work will back me on this however I just have to find the right one now and see what is needed for it

Mmm I say admin but its much more than that. My experience of living in Asia and being an English teacher are the main reasons they employed me. There are occupations on there that are quite relatable to my experience and work will back me on this however I just have to find the right one now and see what is needed for it

I don't really understand what you mean, don't they know what the job they have for you is?

You need to get your employer to do some research, if they haven't already. There is more to it than just offering to sponsor you and then leaving it to you to create the role and find a suitable role on the occupations list. They need to be approved as an eligible sponsoring company, and there are quite a few hoops for them to jump through before they can sponsor anyone. It ain't free either!

• 4 weeks later...

Continuing from closed thread :

Mmm well it's slightly different now as I'm asking if there is another work visa besides a sponsorship visa. Can anyone tell me that?

There is a few roles on that list that I could be specified under however all I really need to know at the moment is the different type of work visas available

Thx guys

Mmm well it's slightly different now as I'm asking if there is another work visa besides a sponsorship visa. Can anyone tell me that?

There is a few roles on that list that I could be specified under however all I really need to know at the moment is the different type of work visas available

Thx guys

No such thing as work visas, only skilled visas.

As you know ....you need a skill for them.

Thx guys

Have you had a read on www.immi.gov.au? There really are not that many visa options around. You are essentially looking at skilled migration or employer sponsored. Both require occupations on the SOL or CSOL. From the previous thread, we established that admin roles are not going to qualify.

Ok thx guys

The situation is I'm a teacher ( mainly esl) with over 5 years experience but no degree. I do hv a Celta.

I will be assisting in a new English department. However work hv said that they will employ me under any similar education " title" just to keep me. Basically if I give them a list of titles off that list they will choose which one is most relevant and do it under that name

Ok thx guys

The situation is I'm an English teacher with over 5 years experience but no degree. I do hv a Celta.

I will be assisting in a new English department. However work hv said that they will employ me under any similar education " title" just to keep me. Basically if I give them a list of titles off that list they will choose which one is most relevant and do it under that name

You really need to get a good migration agent to see if this is even possible.

I had a uni try to sponsor me. It all seemed like it should be simple enough, they were very keen. I had qualifications and 8 years experience but it still wasn't possible.

Try George Lombard, Alan from go Matilda or @ABA.

Thx sounds like a bummer

Ok so the only options are sponsorship visa or skilled migration . Both sound very hard

For your occupation yes it will be. Spending money on an agent to look over your options is certainly going to save you lots in the future.

Update

Well Ive spoken to my boss who is really pushing for things now but internally there seems to be loads of red tape.

What she has asked me about is visa extensions. If they were to offer me a 12 month contract would it be possible for me to extend my WHV? (If I was eligable etc)

I kind of already know the answer but I just want to be sure on every avenue

Archived