Dog Attacks

HappyHeart

Guest Guest66881
$1500. Ranger said that was cheap

I would be looking into small claims against the owners of the dog and asking why it was not registered also.

I would be looking into small claims against the owners of the dog and asking why it was not registered also.

Registration the ranger will follow up and issue fines etc if ownership can be established. I havent the energy or the heart for a civil case..I'm shattered.

Bless Tilly and you HH xxx

heartbreaking story.

I wouldn't be after revenge...but at the same time, someone, somewhere has not taken the proper steps to ensure they have brought up a dog to be sociable, trained and adequately under control.

i know you say you don't have the energy to follow through...but hitting them where it hurts, ie in the wallet, may make them take steps.

Our first dog when married, decided it would be good fun to attack a poor spaniel. We paid the vets fees for injuries caused.

We learnt our lesson then, always made sure we were in control of any dogs in our possession after that.

Hope you are both felling better in the morning xx

She seems more comfortable this morning but is thoroughly miserable. Not interested in food but is drinking. Steadier on her feet. The slow road to recovery I guess. I'm just worried about how the vet is going to pull the drains out without sedating her because she will not like that one bit!

She seems more comfortable this morning but is thoroughly miserable. Not interested in food but is drinking. Steadier on her feet. The slow road to recovery I guess. I'm just worried about how the vet is going to pull the drains out without sedating her because she will not like that one bit!

Best karma wishes your way for steady recovery of both body and minds. Terrible situation to be in, but the love and attention you provide your dog will make a huge difference to their recovery. Strength to you:-)

Any updates HH, a photo of Tilly getting better i hope?

No photos, I've taken many but theyre a bit graphic am afraid. She wont be winning prettiest bitch for a while lets put it that way.

'

We've been back to vets every day, she is slowly improving in herself, ate for the first time today 3 x bowls of chicken (small). Unfortunately infection and dead necrotic skin are causing issues, medication changes yesterday as painkillers upsetting her stomach and today new antibiotics on top of old ones. It will be a long road to full health but am praying she makes it...signs are good but infection is a worry.

• 2 weeks later...
No photos, I've taken many but theyre a bit graphic am afraid. She wont be winning prettiest bitch for a while lets put it that way.

'

We've been back to vets every day, she is slowly improving in herself, ate for the first time today 3 x bowls of chicken (small). Unfortunately infection and dead necrotic skin are causing issues, medication changes yesterday as painkillers upsetting her stomach and today new antibiotics on top of old ones. It will be a long road to full health but am praying she makes it...signs are good but infection is a worry.

Poor little thing. Hope she's on the mend now.

• 2 weeks later...

That's terrible "Happy Heart" I hope Tilly is getting better. My cat was killed a few years ago by a greyhound lurcher that escaped from its house so I know exactly how you feel. Even though she was microchipped the owners had dumped her body in a black rubbish bin on their garage floor, I only found out what happened as someone witnessed the attack and pointed me in the right direction. Another cat was killed in the area a week later with the greyhound/lurcher owner walking off with the cat and ignoring the neighbours shouts to bring it back.

Some pet owners are completely irresponsible. Big hugs for Tilly.

Archived