Wanting to Migrate

Jack91

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone - sorry to drag this topic back up from the obis!

Well today I got my IELTS results........ Lets just say I'm thrilled!!!!!

Listening 8.5

Reading 8.0

Writing 8.0

Speaking 9.0

Pretty happy with those results!!!!

Ok so the next step.... Sorting out a technical interview through VETASSESS - that seems to be a challenge at the moment so I know what I'm doing with that.

My points break down as I see it!

Age 18-24: 25 points

Scored 8 or higher in the IELTS: 20 points

Worked in my trade for 7 years: 15 points

Assessment for my trade: 10 points

Total: 70??

Am I missing something or is that correct?? As I've mentioned at the beginning my girlfriend is Australian, if that's any help!

*Edit - Knew I'd forget something....If I have cocked it up and need any other extra points, state sponsorship is an idea, unfortunately Queensland don't want Joiners (bastards).... The others do, I'll look as to which others but they do. Do I actually have to live in that state?? Is that law binding??

I'm sure I'll edit this to add bits and pieces as time goes on purely because I'm on a bit of a high with those results - English was never my strong point!!!!!

Cheers again for reading :D

Edited by Jack91
Had a thought

Hello again everyone - sorry to drag this topic back up from the obis!

Well today I got my IELTS results........ Lets just say I'm thrilled!!!!!

Listening 8.5

Reading 8.0

Writing 8.0

Speaking 9.0

Pretty happy with those results!!!!

Ok so the next step.... Sorting out a technical interview through VETASSESS - that seems to be a challenge at the moment so I know what I'm doing with that.

Am I missing something or is that correct?? As I've mentioned at the beginning my girlfriend is Australian, if that's any help!

*Edit - Knew I'd forget something....If I have cocked it up and need any other extra points, state sponsorship is an idea, unfortunately Queensland don't want Joiners (bastards).... The others do, I'll look as to which others but they do. Do I actually have to live in that state?? Is that law binding??

I'm sure I'll edit this to add bits and pieces as time goes on purely because I'm on a bit of a high with those results - English was never my strong point!!!!!

Cheers again for reading :D

No advice, but well done on your IELTs :wubclub:

Hi Jack,

The 7 years work experience seems a bit off to me. You should only count post qualification experience and if you're only 22 it's probably more like 3 years max. What qualification do you hold and when did you obtain it?

All the best,

Cheers everyone!

Hello Adam - Ah I see it doesn't stipulate that though. Either way it's 4 years - qualified in 2010 as NVQ Level 3 Bench Joiner. Joiner being what I'm trying to gain my visa via :D

Edited by Jack91

• 1 month later...

Well - I woke up early this morning to spend a penny and quickly checked my emails in a slight daze..... Along with junk mail, ASOS emails and eBay stuff VETASSESS have emailed me!

My technical interview is on Monday, short notice that's for sure but it's all sorted!!!! Other than my passport and the "voucher" they send you via email, is there anything else I need to take? I've got the checklist they also supply so am doing a bit of swatting up on that!!! @shellyk666 what did Michael have to do question wise?

EEEKKK road trip to London Sunday night to see my sister and then early start to Kent on Monday morning!! It's all go!

Well - I woke up early this morning to spend a penny and quickly checked my emails in a slight daze..... Along with junk mail, ASOS emails and eBay stuff VETASSESS have emailed me!

My technical interview is on Monday, short notice that's for sure but it's all sorted!!!! Other than my passport and the "voucher" they send you via email, is there anything else I need to take? I've got the checklist they also supply so am doing a bit of swatting up on that!!! @shellyk666 what did Michael have to do question wise?

EEEKKK road trip to London Sunday night to see my sister and then early start to Kent on Monday morning!! It's all go!

Wow, that's short notice! Michael had his test in a Migration Agent's office in Manchester, he only took his passport and voucher, nothing else. He said that as long as you are actually a joiner you will have no problems. In fact he didn't actually do any research or prep at all and was still fine. The only bit he was unsure of was a question about explosive power tools, Michael was honest and just explained that he doesn't really use them (he'd also answered the question about explosive power tools in the TradeSET Questionnaire that way too) and clearly this proved to be ok because he was ultimately successful. The test was relaxed and the bloke was also a joiner, he didn't feel as though they were trying to catch him out. He said you really have nothing to worry about.

Exciting!!!!!! Definitely let us know how you get on on Monday. I'll keep everything crossed you get a smooth ride xx GOOD LUCK!

p.s. A bonus too is that although we were told it would take 10 working days to get the result it came through after just a week.

Wow, that's short notice! Michael had his test in a Migration Agent's office in Manchester, he only took his passport and voucher, nothing else. He said that as long as you are actually a joiner you will have no problems. In fact he didn't actually do any research or prep at all and was still fine. The only bit he was unsure of was a question about explosive power tools, Michael was honest and just explained that he doesn't really use them (he'd also answered the question about explosive power tools in the TradeSET Questionnaire that way too) and clearly this proved to be ok because he was ultimately successful. The test was relaxed and the bloke was also a joiner, he didn't feel as though they were trying to catch him out. He said you really have nothing to worry about.

Exciting!!!!!! Definitely let us know how you get on on Monday. I'll keep everything crossed you get a smooth ride xx GOOD LUCK!

p.s. A bonus too is that although we were told it would take 10 working days to get the result it came through after just a week.

Yeah you're telling me!!! Lucky my employer is good! I'm not even that much of a brown nose ;)

Ah that's good to hear, I've had a quick skim over the fact sheet thing and the only thing that concerns me are stair cases (only done 2) and the explosive equipment, but as Michael did, I didn't check it on my TradeSET thing either. WE shall see and I shall let you all know!! Fingers crossed I get my results back ASAP - Perhaps an birthday present from Vetassess.... C'mon 2nd August!! :jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...

Right - I'm filling out my EOI, a few things.

In my Eduction History, do I put my English qualifications or do I use the qualification I will gain once VETASSES send me my Certificate?

Sorry about all these posts in a row!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Medicals done yesterday. Will do a quick run through of procedures for anyone who is googling/reading the forum in search of information. Sit in waiting room, wait to be called in to a little room where you confirm all the information you've already given such as, passport number, age, address and telephone number. Pee pot is given to you and you can do that in your own time while you're waiting. Next you're called in to have the medical assessment. This consisted of having blood taken, blood pressure, which needs to be under 140 (mine wasn't the first time), weight and height. You're then asked to wait yet again to be called for X-rays, this takes a matter of seconds, whip t-shirt off and stand against the plate, you'll be asked to take a deep breath in and they'll X-ray you. They'll just check to see if it came out ok and if so you can go wait again. Shortly after that the Doctor will check your heart, lungs and for any lumps and bumps inside you. Just a general once over really. Few last bits of paper work to make sure all is in order, then you go and pay.

Mine was £307.80 - I have 1 tattoo but didn't warrant an HepB examination, which I think is £47?

Anyways - 7-10 days time it should be uploaded to my Immi Account if that's how it work? I don't have to do anything now I don't think? So all sorted, I play the waiting game like the rest of you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jack91,

Upload the results into SkillSelect with the rest of your documents. Hopefully you have uploaded all the docs so that CO can give you an instant Grant :)

I've not yet been allocated a CO as far as I know. I've just logged into my Immi Account and the health link has gone and says the medical has been completed! Ideal.

21OnviBN%2BbL.jpg

Thanks @Lady Rainicorn - Seemed to be talking to myself for most of it! Hopefully the next update will be a grant!!

Edited by Jack91

Sorry, no advice but this is such a lovely thread - so nice to see it all coming together for you.

Couldn't agree with you more Lady Rainicorn... Great to see someone going through the whole process in one thread. Including all the really helpful advice from everyone along the way.. Looking forward to the next instalment of Jack91's visa journey, all the best Jack91... :wink:

• 1 month later...