Mother Evidence of dependency

dream208

Hi all,

The situation is that I had my PR since November 2013, now my brother is applying for his PR and he'll add our mother as dependent on him, she is 63 years old and we all lived in the same house.

The thing is he need to provide "Evidence of dependency" documents and we have no idea what are the documents that we should provide.

If anyone has any idea what are the documents that could be used to prove her dependency on my brother please help.

Best Regards,

Hi all,

The situation is that I had my PR since November 2013, now my brother is applying for his PR and he'll add our mother as dependent on him, she is 63 years old and we all lived in the same house.

The thing is he need to provide "Evidence of dependency" documents and we have no idea what are the documents that we should provide.

If anyone has any idea what are the documents that could be used to prove her dependency on my brother please help.

Best Regards,

You would have to prove she has no assets or income, that she cannot work, that you live in a country without a welfare state. Are all those things true first of all?

Also another point i would like to ask about, my brother didn't add her on his EOI, will that be a problem if he added her to the application although this doesn't change his points?

If he adds her to his application and she fails then he fails too. Better talk to an agent.

If he adds her to his application and she fails then he fails too. Better talk to an agent.

I know that fact that they'll be in the same boat if she fails the medicals he'll fail too but the point i was asking about is that she wasn't added while filling the EOI and now he'll add her to the application after being invited, so will that be a problem or affect the application ?

The problem is that in my country most transaction are done in cash so there is no paper evidence of whom pays what in particular, thats why i don't know what could be presented as evidence, will a statutory declaration be sufficient in this case?

Also another point is that the retirement age in my country is 60 for men and 55 for women, so even if she worked before she would've been retired by now.

This would imply CIS or Vietnam - where there are welfare arrangements even if they are not generous.

Archived