Vegimite Yay or Nay  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vegimite Yay or Nay

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Undecided

Guest YellowGecko

Thank you Ali!

Our food cupboard has Marmite and Vegemite in it. Mr YG hates the Marmite. I hate the Vegemite. I have placed his jar of Vegemite into isolation, for fear of cross contamination.

:goofy:

Jo x

Guest JoanneHattersley

It HAS to be English marmite tho - not the aussie marmite!

Go to Coles and they have an English section which sells "my mate" - thats English marmite - much better than vegemite!

Guest asylon

Now look, since when is Marmite English? we do eat it in the rest of the Uk you know.

Although I must admit it is probably made in England

Vegemite is POISON. And contains preservatives unlike good old British Marmite. Which means Vegemite sandwitches are banned from my local kindy, but not Marmite. Hurray!!!

Guest YellowGecko

When I first tried the dreaded 'mite, I had bought a jar from Sainsburys and made the mistake of opening it then and there and just sticking my finger in and eating a huge globule of it. I have to say, I did gag!

If given the choice, I would have said I preferred Bovril, but that was before they made it all vegetarian.

Now I am missing Twiglets...lol!

Jo x

Guest claire&fred

Marmite for me. My eldest loves marmite, my youngest hates it. He loves Nutella. Sometimes I get their sandwiches mixed up at school. Apparantely youngest cried but evil lunchtime supervisor made him eat it. Had a right go at her so she won't be doing that again.

Claire

Now I am missing Twiglets...lol!

Jo x

One of the social workers where I work found a shop that sells them and bought me a bag - I savoured them and it took me 3 days to eat them .. and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't share :embarrassed:

Ali

Guest Al&Jo

Just had this dilemma!

Had 3 marmite and 3 vegimite crackers for lunch. Depends what mood I am in. Sometimes I need the extra kick of my beloved Marmite!!

Can you get Marmite in Oz?

Jo

Guest julie2g1b

hi all

will have to say i love marmite bought some vegimite to see and that is horriable

its made not far from me and when you are in burton it stinks the place out :twitcy:

i will be putting loads of it in my case but glad they do it in oz

julie :wubclub:

Guest asylon
Just had this dilemma!

Had 3 marmite and 3 vegimite crackers for lunch. Depends what mood I am in. Sometimes I need the extra kick of my beloved Marmite!!

Can you get Marmite in Oz?

Jo

Whatever you do, don't buy the stuff you'll see in the supermarkets called Marmite, it has a red lid and is made by Sanitarium. It's even worse than vegemite and contains lots of sugar (why?).

Propper British Marmite is sold as "OUr Mate" or "MY Mate" and is very hard to come by.

"Marmite" can be found in the British Lolly Shop but costs a fortune.

One of the social workers where I work found a shop that sells them and bought me a bag - I savoured them and it took me 3 days to eat them .. and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't share :embarrassed:

Ali

Don't worry on that count, as I wouldn't share my twiglets with anyone either. Have to say though that I hate both Marmite and Vegemite.

Used to work with an Aussie nurse who would use a whole tub of Vegemite on just 3 crackers.......used to make me feel sick just watching.

Gill

Guest YellowGecko

Hehehe!! I'd share my Twiglets but any chocolate in my grasp just refuses, point blank, to enter another's hands/mouth. I don't know why...

Spreading the Vegemite that thick on to crackers should be outlawed. :policeman:

Yuckety yuck!

Even the Aussies tell me the trick is to spread it thinly.

I miss Marmite Walkers crisps now...

Interesting poll results. I did expect more Nays than Yays from the UKies.

Jo x

I just love Twiglets.............used to be that they only came out for New Year......now you can get them in big bags, small bags and tubs.

My sister has just been over from Oz and brought Vegemite for our brother. He took the lid of, gave it a whiff and promptly put it in the bin (best place for it I say - my opinion, before I start a war)

Gill

My friend (ozzie) took vegemite to some of her husbands rellies in Canada - they tried to be polite but she said you could tell they hated it lol.

Have you tried a thin layer of cheese spread on your toast, then a thin layer of vegemite ... yummy

Ali

Have you tried a thin layer of cheese spread on your toast, then a thin layer of vegemite ... yummy

Ali

Ali,

all that sunshine has frazzled your brain or have you now become a fully fledged Australian Citizen. No way I would eat that stuff........well maybe if my visa grant was dependant on it !!!!!

Gill

Archived