Bring my parents to Australia.

dejani

Hi guys.

I would like to know how I can bring my parents to Australia.

Can I do some kind of family connection thing or can it be done in some other way.

I have a wife and a child 2 year old.

And my parents would come to babysit and enjoy their pension.

Thanks to all answers.

I will have and annual income of at least $160.000. My father is refrigeration and AC technician. And my mother works with economics. But they will retire soon.

I am the only child. Can I sponsor them ASAP or do i have to wait for 2 years to past? Or is there any other way?

I will have and annual income of at least $160.000. My father is refrigeration and AC technician. And my mother works with economics. But they will retire soon.

I am the only child. Can I sponsor them ASAP or do i have to wait for 2 years to past? Or is there any other way?

I think they need the money. If they are of retirement age then too old to migrate under their own steam.

can I ask why you are so desperate to get them to Aus? How long have you been in Aus?

I will move to Australia soon and I need their help with our son since both me and my wife will work.

And they don't have anyone else close to them in Sweden. So when we leave they will be alone. So that's why we would like to bring them asap.

I will move to Australia soon and I need their help with our son since both me and my wife will work.

And they don't have anyone else close to them in Sweden. So when we leave they will be alone. So that's why we would like to bring them asap.

You will need to pay for child care if you are moving to Australia that soon.

If you wish to bring your parents then start researching what you need to do now and how much it will cost. Speak to a migration agent for up to date information and the different avenues available to you.

Unfortunately being built in baby sitters isn't a compelling reason for visa allocation. When you've been resident for a couple of years then they can apply for a CPV. Looks like you'll need to budget for child care.

To be blunt just because you are moving to Australia does not mean you can necessarily just take your parents as well. There are ways and means of doing it though, but probably not as quick and as cheap as you would like.

The others have given soe good advice, have a search in here through te parent visa threads, that should give you some more information.

I've read some months ago (maybe even a year) that parents could go on some sort of extended tourist visa - 12 months, don't know what came of it.

Edit after a couple of days: "long stay tourist visa" is the one as I've read recently in another comment.

Edited by Levi
Added information