457 processing - any help would be greatly appreciated

hi everyone, i've been reading other people's 457 timelines, and it can be quite distressing to see that some people wait more than 8 months while others wait as little as 3 weeks... so i am dumbfounded here :dull:

my timeline currently is:

07/01 - nomination application submitted

26/02 - via application submitted

09/03 - medicals submitted

i still haven't got my nomination approved. my CO for my visa application said that it is complete, and she is only waiting for the nomination to come through.

are there any other cases where a nomination has taken so long???:huh:

my kids are out of school; my husband is out of work, we sold the cars, and have to move out of the house.

Yes. All countries process visas based on the individual. You should not assume you are moving to Oz until you have your visa. Visas can be refused for a number of reasons. Has the employer being previously approved to sponsor? Of not, that can hold things up significantly.

thanks verystormy. i'm being sponsored by Deakin University as a Lecturer, and yes they did sponsor 457 visas before. i would imagine that getting a visa for a Lecturer position wouldn't be so difficult, but it's been 3 months and my nomination hasn't been approved yet. the university made many mistyping errors on the nom. application and they had to submit a form 1023 for incorrect answers.

i shouldn't have quit my previous job, but i did, and now i think i made a huge mistake, and that my kids are going to be behind in school because of that

it is depressing to say the least. i'll try to raise my spirits though! what is done is done

My one of work mate is waiting 457 for 5 months now.

His rsms was refused due to minor issue and for some reason the company & he decided to go 457 again. His first 457(4yeara ago) took only one week, so he booked flight to Bali with whole family(due to rejecting visa, needed to apply from offshore) about month later after they sent nomination.

Unfortunately he hadn't heard any by the time so changed the flight to the end of March (next week actually). But he still hasn't heard anything!! Because it is off shore applying, he doesn't pay visa fee yet, only nomination thing. The occupation is chef btw.

no, they do not use a migration agent. the person responsible said that they called immi and were told that there's nothing to be done, only waiting. it's been actually quite a test to my zen beliefs - detaching from anxiety, trying to live in the moment and not care about the final outcome.

My one of work mate is waiting 457 for 5 months now.

His rsms was refused due to minor issue and for some reason the company & he decided to go 457 again. His first 457(4yeara ago) took only one week, so he booked flight to Bali with whole family(due to rejecting visa, needed to apply from offshore) about month later after they sent nomination.

Unfortunately he hadn't heard any by the time so changed the flight to the end of March (next week actually). But he still hasn't heard anything!! Because it is off shore applying, he doesn't pay visa fee yet, only nomination thing. The occupation is chef btw.

that is exactly what happened to me! my previous visas to OZ (business and visitor) only took a couple of days, so i could simply not believe it could ever take this long, and here i am! children out of school, both me and my husband out of work, having no idea about what we should do next. i guess all i can do is pray!

Hi all..

Just sharing my ongoing experience .

I have submitted my sponsor application only ..on 3rd march ..co is allocated .. And he called to company owner to enquire everything . I. M still waiting for sponsor approval....

I have hired agent and nomination and visa aaplicatin is still pending..

Anyone else also facing this situation

On the top this weekend kills ...

Hi there,

I have gone through the same situation.

- My Nomination and VISA applications went in on 15/08/2013.

- Got contact by CO on 21/10/2013, she just asked for some health insurance documents, and said everything's ok, and we needed to wait for the nomination to be approved. But then the Nomination application was put on hold, due to my employer's sponsorship status was expired end of 09/2013.

- My employer submitted a new sponsorship application on 24/10/2013. This was the most frustrated time, we couldn't do anything except waiting...

- On the last day of 2013 - 31/12/2013, all applications were approved.

In total, it took me 5.5 months, probably because my applications went in after the highest peak last June due to people trying to get in before the fee went up, and I included my wife and my son in my application too. It looks like DIAC (now DIBP) doesn't prefer applications with dependents!

Archived