Feeling deflated.....: (

Kermitfrog

Feeling a little deflated and thought I'd share it with your guys....

After getting great news news yesterday that VETAssess had given me a positive skills assessment my agent has just informed me that the changes that were made for WA on the 1st March did actually effect us......

it requires you to have 3 years skilled experience in your profession.....I have been working as a veterinary nurse in my practice since Sept 2010 but 2 years I was studying and not employed although a competent nurse carrying out all duties listed on the job requirement list. Our agent has said we could take a risk and submit it and hope that it get looked over but as it was not PAID it may be rejected....so the EOI has gone off today, it may be a waste of money but I thought it was worth a go......

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a response....

I feel like our dream is slowly slipping away x

Hi Jodi,

Unfortunately the only other state with my profession on their list is NT and I have been informed they don't favour those that have tried another state...basically I think they get a lot of people who have tried everywhere else and end up with applicants who have no other option.

Our EOI will go off this week....keeping everything crossed x

Hi Jodi,

Unfortunately the only other state with my profession on their list is NT and I have been informed they don't favour those that have tried another state...basically I think they get a lot of people who have tried everywhere else and end up with applicants who have no other option.

Our EOI will go off this week....keeping everything crossed x

Ah no...sorry to hear that...I'm just wondering though...shouldn't your agent know for definite if that employment is a definite requirement... You could potentially waste an extreme amount of money if they invite you to apply and want evidence of pay..I would have thought an agent would tend not to advise to put in an EOI unless they were confident you'd be successful...? Xx

You can simply say that you worked full time and they paid cash money to you. They will still require defacto letter from the company if they have paid you in cash. Its still a great risk tough. You wouldnt want to be refused.

Apart from cash in hand, without the provision of payslips, evidence of tax payment etc is illegal!!!

Wouldnt recommend this OP....

Ah no...sorry to hear that...I'm just wondering though...shouldn't your agent know for definite if that employment is a definite requirement... You could potentially waste an extreme amount of money if they invite you to apply and want evidence of pay..I would have thought an agent would tend not to advise to put in an EOI unless they were confident you'd be successful...? Xx

I think the work experience is about getting the state sponsor, not the visa. For sure they will not be able to claim for unpaid work experience in the visa application. But you never know, the state might accept it as enough to sponsor. There is no great financial loss in doing this, as the visa application fee will not have to be paid at this stage.

I think the work experience is about getting the state sponsor, not the visa.i For sure they will not be able to claim for unpaid work experience in the visa application. But you never know, the state might accept it as enough to sponsor. There is no great financial loss in doing this, as the visa application fee will not have to be paid at this stage.

:yes: I believe I've misunderstood the issue as being to do with the visa conditions rather than sponsorship. I apologise Kermit :smile:

Archived