Tourist Visa whilst waiting for Child 101...school fees?

jodipodi

Hi, if a child was to enter Australia on a tourist visa whilst waiting for a Child 101 visa to be granted, what would be the implications of that in regards to getting the child into school and whether there,would be fees to pay whilst waiting for 101 visa?

They can only attend for 12 weeks with international fees payable. No guarantee of the local school being able to place them. Wait for the child visa! There are some visas that, if you apply for them, cancel any previous applications so watch out

For all schools it will be the government ultimately as they subsidize (or not) all students so you will have to pay international fees in all cases and private international will be more than gov international.

Thankyou Quoll. Hopefully I won't have to go down this route, just trying to suss out the implications of possibly having to leave my daughter off our visa application.

Thanks a lot x

Hi, if a child was to enter Australia on a tourist visa whilst waiting for a Child 101 visa to be granted, what would be the implications of that in regards to getting the child into school and whether there,would be fees to pay whilst waiting for 101 visa?

Which Australian state?

Which Australian state?

Likely SA or WA Westly...just depends on what SS criteria we meet at the time of getting our visas started. I ask the question based on the rest of us

hypothetically having PR.

Rammygirl - we might not have to leave her off, I really hope it doesn't come to that as that would make everything more complicated and expensive...it just depends on whether her father signs the permission or not. I need to weigh up every possibility though as we are beginning this visa process in a few months time. Obviously schooling is extremely important especially as when we plan/hope on making the move she will be 16 so I know that this is a particularly important time in terms of the Australian schooling system. X

Wont she still need to be included on the visa even if she is in the non migrating dependent section as all dependents must be notified?

You need to take advice on this i think.

Yeah, I think she will but I won't need anything signed (as far as I know) so putting her as 'non migrating' should be ok as far as form filling is concerned. We are definitely going to use an agent but seems pointless at the moment until my husband finishes his degree in May....we couldn't proceed until he gets that qualification as we need it for points. I don't think an agent would take us on until we actually meet requirements.... Maybe they do , I don't know?...

Archived