Best removal company to Australia

ruchwi16

Hi, I am planning to move to Melbourne in July. I have got quotation from PSS and Pickfords. I am just wondering which company to use as quotations are very similar. Has anyone got experience with PSS or Pickfords? Any recommendations?? Thanks

We had it with PSS and it was the worst ever. Very bad management of the service, communication and quote. It was very stressful with us having to send emails back and forwards just because they couldn't do their job well. Arg, just thinking about it again is unpleasant.

Good luck!

We got an email from PSS today offering to come and give is a quote for our move. We moved July 2012.

We tried to get PSS to give us a quote before we moved but they cancelled because the guy had a Drs appointment and fell down the stairs in someone's house while doing a quote. Both 'reasons' given by the same woman in separate phone calls. We never bothered following up as I wasn't impressed by their (lack of) professionalism. We used Robinsons in the end, although it was close between them and Pickfords. We were very happy with our removalists.

Has anyone had a good experience with PSS, surely any company that that bad will soon go under!

We are now in a position to book our removals, so will watch this with great interest.

We have had quotes from PSS, John Mason, and Whites. Would anyone recommend any of them, or say really try **** instead?

Any advice, very much appreciated.

Hi, I am planning to move to Melbourne in July. I have got quotation from PSS and Pickfords. I am just wondering which company to use as quotations are very similar. Has anyone got experience with PSS or Pickfords? Any recommendations?? Thanks

Hi Ruchwi16,

Both companies you have mention are extremely good companies and I would personal go with your gut feeling as to who ever you feel the most comfortable with and gave you the most information regarding your move.

P.S - Keep in mind that for every bad story you hear about a company there are normal 100's of good one's but only the bad one's get highlighted.

All the best with your move

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest62720

I am a Director of Insure Your Move Ltd and we regularly review all moves to Australia insured through IYM on a mover by mover basis. We can confirm all those companies mentioned above are in our top ten in regard to the lowest number of reported claims in comparison to the number of insured moves (arranged through ourselves) for the 12 month period up to 31st December, 2013.

Please note this is not a recommendation as to which remover you should use as you will need to satisfy yourselves that your chosen remover is capable of meeting your own specific requirements but we hope this assists in your decision making process.

Regards

IYM

I happen to work in the relocation industry for a respected company, my intention was not to recommend or discredit other companies discussed on this thread nor through PM, but to offer people on the site an alternative moving company via PM should they desire. Is this allowed or against the rules? If it is, I'll drop it.

Archived