Limping Pepper (my dog)

tonyman

I know I should take her to the vet but Pepper has been limping for around 3/4 weeks now , she shows no pain or yelps even when I press hard on her hind leg , ive been told my a friend over the phone who is a vet nurse that it could be ligament damage . she walks and runs on three legs fine but when she is giddy its four legs ....... I thought it was probs a sprain but maybe not now , any else had to deal with this and what is the treatment .......

Nothing embedded in her paw? Tilly limps without crying when there is...usually one of those bindi seed things

we do have an area in the garden where there are loads of them........even the children avoid that area.......I will take her on Thursday , thanks guys

It could be a grass seed in her paw. They are evil things, they have barbs so they work their way in and need a vet to get them out.

http://www.vetwest.com.au/pet-library/grass-seeds

sorry not clicked the link but are they hard to see , she has been acting a little strange towards me recently but I put it down to , I`m the only one that showers her , baths her , grooms her ...so she is probs peed off with me also i1ve stopped her going on all three settees and the bed ! now that has peed her off ..........

Good point but it shouldn't cause her to limp. Does she keep licking or gnawing at her paw / leg?

yes she does .........but she isn't hungry , sorry that was just a joke but its not her hind paw its her front ones she gnaws , we have that grass that's itchy to touch ........

It's been a few weeks. Take her to the vet ASAP. If it's a seed and it's worked it's way in she could get an infection. Or already has one. That she keeps licking/gnawing her paw is indication to me she needs to see a vet to be looked at. They know what they are looking for, you don't and may miss the problem or cause of it.

Archived