Cleaning In The Mines Information Please!!!!

JadeKeeligan

I assume you mean in the camps? Go through the contractors who run them, ESS are a major one, MAC are another, there's another called Sidelco or something (they do stuff for the British Army too, can't remember their names, big Indian mob). Be aware though, a lot of camps aren't actually on the mine lease itself so you don't get mining money, just the joys of living in remote areas.

If you really, really like getting dirty, there are contract mobs that do things like clean blackjack out of draglines, Google industrial cleaners and you might have joy. They get OK money for cleaning; up to $30 per hour, but you will not be on the $150k wages that people associate with the mines, just the long hours.

The mining houses like Rio and BHP don't employ their own cleaners, it's all done through contractors.

Thanks for the help :) I heard a lot about women working on the mines cleaning and getting alot of money when I was in the UK so im trying to find out how to get a job there, but I dont seem too be getting anywere, just hitting dead ends, i'll have a look at them companies thou and see if they get me anywere :)

As Eera states, ESS is the biggest company that has contracts for cleaning on mine sites. However, it is not huge money and is hard work usually on split shifts.

My last mine in Oz was one of the large gold mines - I left there a year ago - the ESS cleaners would start on about $54k a year. That would be for two weeks on, one week off.

Some of the girls liked it as they could save money for things as they would not be spending anything while on site. But many don't last very long.

Thanks for the help :) I heard a lot about women working on the mines cleaning and getting alot of money when I was in the UK so im trying to find out how to get a job there, but I dont seem too be getting anywere, just hitting dead ends, i'll have a look at them companies thou and see if they get me anywere :)

just be careful though as there is a lot of over hype and false figures thrown around when it comes to working on mine sites. Cleaners don't get paid much and any money made is usually from working long hours.

Archived