Did you need certified birth certificates for PR visa for all of you?

Alaska

Just a quick question if anyone can help.

We are hoping to get our PR application in as soon as we are eligible in March (currently on a 457). We have found the decision ready checklist which states that all applicants need certified birth certificates with both parents' names.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/ma-checklist-ens-visa.pdf

Our agent says it isn't needed (only for the children).

We don't have a lot of faith in what we have been told thus far, and want to check this out with anyone who has done this recently?

What are you using to prove who u are? We submitted full birth certs for two adults..had to send away for husbands as the one we had for him didnt state parents names...from how I read it on immi website we needed these...we didnt certify them though just scanned colour originals

Yes, we did too - my OH only had a short one, went to records house and it couldn't be located. We used a tracing agency and it turned out he had been adopted and he never knew! An adoption certificate was acceptable so he never got his birth certificate. His parents had both passed on by then so he still doesn't know the truth.

Agent still saying not needed, but we can send them "if we like" and that there is a new checklist. We'll send them anyway.

Also doesn't want to submit it "decision ready" and says to get the medicals done later as no benefit to doing them now.

So confused!

Agent still saying not needed, but we can send them "if we like" and that there is a new checklist. We'll send them anyway.

Also doesn't want to submit it "decision ready" and says to get the medicals done later as no benefit to doing them now.

So confused!

Medicals are only valid for a year so it may make sense to wait.

Processing for the visa is only 3-6 months and it should be lodged in 3 weeks, so don't think that's the issue.

So you'd have at least 6 months the other end to validate your visas then.

I guess it's your call then. Go with agents suggestion or plough on and get them done.

So you'd have at least 6 months the other end to validate your visas then.

I guess it's your call then. Go with agents suggestion or plough on and get them done.

We are in Australia on a 457 anyway so don't need to worry about validating the visa.

Archived