Tony Abbott has done it. He has stopped the boats.

Parley

So nothing specific then.

I don't exactly know what you are on about.

What do you think should happen to the Australian jihadis fighting overseas.

Nothing specific? Do you not read what has been written? Australian involved overseas are just that Australians. If they break an Australian law try them in court. Foreigners have long fought in other's battles. Citizenship should be worth something more than a government decree to remove such from the actions of folk they don't agree with.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881
The supply of delinquent citizens would be extensive before it gone anywhere close to my turn. Just take a look on this forum.

You cheeky bugger:laugh:

Totally agree Tina... it is the hatred and violence that these ferals bring with them that is not welcome. But how do Dept of Immi sort that out when the terrorists present as nice guys? Some of these shitbags get in through normal immigration processes as they haven't declared their beliefs until they are in Australia... some of them are illegals and should never be allowed in.. but the bottom line is they get in mostly through the "illegal boat arrivals"... which is why I am very glad that the current government is doing what they do to weed out the **** from the genuine.

This was the point I was trying to make, we dont know who is being allowed in and all the Gov can do is to do there checks and hope they get it right, then we need to look at how we deal with those who are here to simply cause trouble.

Jewish schools, no issue at all with Jewish schools, there religon is very different to the Christian faith but they dont promote hated for the people and government of the country they have chosen to live in.

I guess I see what is happening to a large town near where we live that now has a large muslim population. I have to go there sometimes and I can tell you it is like walking into a different country. Women in full burka, men in white robes, little kids dressed the same, shops with middle eastern writing . As I keep saying i have no issue with any one who wants to live here , but I dont want to feel like I no longer belong in my own country.

I have to go there sometimes and I can tell you it is like walking into a different country. Women in full burka, men in white robes, little kids dressed the same, shops with middle eastern writing . As I keep saying i have no issue with any one who wants to live here , but I dont want to feel like I no longer belong in my own country.

You must feel sorry for Aboriginals then. They see immigrant women wearing strange clothes, men in different coloured garments, kids dressed similarly, and everywhere you look there is European writing. Most aboriginals don't have an issue with any one who wants to live here, but they don't want to feel like they no longer belong in their own country.

This was the point I was trying to make, we dont know who is being allowed in and all the Gov can do is to do there checks and hope they get it right, then we need to look at how we deal with those who are here to simply cause trouble.

Jewish schools, no issue at all with Jewish schools, there religon is very different to the Christian faith but they dont promote hated for the people and government of the country they have chosen to live in.

I guess I see what is happening to a large town near where we live that now has a large muslim population. I have to go there sometimes and I can tell you it is like walking into a different country. Women in full burka, men in white robes, little kids dressed the same, shops with middle eastern writing . As I keep saying i have no issue with any one who wants to live here , but I dont want to feel like I no longer belong in my own country.

The only time you need to really be concerned would be when the local Islamic community in your neighbourhood demands non Muslims take up the Burka. It's not a different country just a changed country. Pretty normal in parts of London I lived. Here in Australia whole parts of downtown areas are in Chinese and Vietnamese. All adds to the rich tapestry of life.

Looks like there is a boat in trouble off Christmas Island and word a second is on its way. Of course the government is refusing to confirm this. The boat is from India full of Tamils. If the government try turning them back to india we could see an interesting reaction from the indian government.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-28/asylum-boat-in-trouble-off-christmas-island/5556892 Though with a name like "Duke" it may well be someone making a false claim.

Looks like there is a boat in trouble off Christmas Island and word a second is on its way. Of course the government is refusing to confirm this. The boat is from India full of Tamils. If the government try turning them back to india we could see an interesting reaction from the indian government.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-28/asylum-boat-in-trouble-off-christmas-island/5556892 Though with a name like "Duke" it may well be someone making a false claim.

Normal procedure with Tamils is to land them and fly them almost straight back. Not in accordance with law of course but small matters like that haven't stopped the government to date. In fact this government is in coersion with the Sri Lankan authorities in subverting the Tamils legal quest for freedom by supplying naval vessels and returning them to a prison sentence and who knows what in the country they fled.

Normal procedure with Tamils is to land them and fly them almost straight back. Not in accordance with law of course but small matters like that haven't stopped the government to date. In fact this government is in coersion with the Sri Lankan authorities in subverting the Tamils legal quest for freedom by supplying naval vessels and returning them to a prison sentence and who knows what in the country they fled.
Just anoying that we are told the boats have stopped but in actual fact they oviously have not stopped. Makes you wonder how many more boats have been turned back we are not told about. Things must be pretty bad in the country they are coming from to risk detention or being turned back.

Just anoying that we are told the boats have stopped but in actual fact they oviously have not stopped. Makes you wonder how many more boats have been turned back we are not told about. Things must be pretty bad in the country they are coming from to risk detention or being turned back.

This made me chuckle...as if you believe they have 'stopped the boats' they have just stopped reporting them.

• 4 months later...

I must admit I assumed that 'no news is good news' (although I realize that for many, 'no news is BAD news!') We used to see almost every day boat loads being tranfserred to RAN ships, and then taken to Xmas Island. If the Government is just covering it up, then I assume that Xmas Island, Naura, Manus, etc, must be being secretly overloaded? But if that is the case, how do they manage to maintain an 100 percent security blanket? Someone, sooner or later, would have been posting photos to social media, but there is nothing.

Since policing has been largely out sourced to the Sri Lankan navy, using former RAN vessels and one can only guess the bribes paid by the Australian taxpayer to Indonesia, along with little transparency is it any wonder?

Paying bribes is standard practice in countries like Indonesia, and I imagine most companies add it into their costings.

So where are the boats and their passengers? Xmas Island? Nauru? Manus? Somewhere else? Possibly in the same place as the carbon tax?

Clearly disrupted for now at great public expense. Will recommence some stage in the future when Indonesia is no longer bribed along with other factors. It should be remembered the flood of people fleeing terror in Syria for example is overwhelming. Turkey has over a million I believe. Jordon and Lebanon many hundreds of thousands. Unlikely people will be content to remain in camps forever. Also those countries find it hard to care for the vast numbers involved. Ongoing and further conflicts will see more take routes to different countries in the search of a safe haven.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news he has stopped the boats, it sure makes up for stalling the economy.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/the-economy/weak-economy-to-push-interest-rates-down-20141203-11zcp2.html

Hockey suggesting we need to spend lots at christmas? We couldn't possibly spend this christmas with our household "budget emergencies". That would be like that dreadful Labour Government for spending instead of hitting a recession...

But we stopped the boats yay!

Archived