WA still topping other states

Im not THAT keen mate

Well according to my page you are one of the last visitors.........? Work will keep coming in for me thanks because I have a good skillset but aren't you going a bit off topic here? Looking for reasons to get one over me when you still haven't even managed to back up your original argument that set you off?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been NOR, or at least I thought I had until I read last pages of this thread.....wonder where I actually went:err:

Well anyway, I crossed over the Swan River, skirted the city and drove on up the freeway. Wherever this land is, it was much like the south. Houses, shops, pubs, industrial estates, supermarkets, beaches, marinas and so on...I even came across a British Chippy..

Friends I visited said they lived NOR...little liars.

The company I work for even have the cheek to say they have 6 branches NOR...

Perth....it's like so strange

Well according to my page you are one of the last visitors.........? Work will keep coming in for me thanks because I have a good skillset but aren't you going a bit off topic here? Looking for reasons to get one over me when you still haven't even managed to back up your original argument that set you off?

I was looking for the thread when you called all cheaper home unfit for habitation. I dont wish to get one over on you Col...just seeking to understand your motivation tbh..to post such tripe.

I've been NOR, or at least I thought I had until I read last pages of this thread.....wonder where I actually went:err:

Well anyway, I crossed over the Swan River, skirted the city and drove on up the freeway. Wherever this land is, it was much like the south. Houses, shops, pubs, industrial estates, supermarkets, beaches, marinas and so on...I even came across a British Chippy..

Friends I visited said they lived NOR...little liars.

The company I work for even have the cheek to say they have 6 branches NOR...

Perth....it's like so strange

Yeah its full of cocks who lie and read the sun. generally the work in the welding or electrical industry as well. But the have been know to work in retail and nursing too.

I was looking for the thread when you called all cheaper home unfit for habitation. I dont wish to get one over on you Col...just seeking to understand your motivation tbh..to post such tripe.

Probably because i never said that, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your vendetta against me............

NEXT!!!

Central Business District, or possibly Complete Bl**dy D!ckhead depending on the context (can't find the post)

Should help happy heart understand where the majority of employment is. Another give away is all the train lines in perth go to this place.

Is that why i am running rings around you? I am backing up my argument with facts, you are resorting to insults. You have still never proved me wrong and yet you call me names, I am being civil and asking you to prove me wrong.

To be honest Col, I've not seen one fact from you, just sweeping statements that people have proved wrong.

There is plenty of work round Joondalup, Wanneroo and lot's of places between there and the City. I've lived here 22 years and not had to work in the City or South of the River once. I work on Stirling Highway at the moment and have done for a long time, but I like the drive down West Coast Highway, it's not a drama.

I worked in Osborne Park for years, another place North of the River where there's a lot of companies and work.

When we moved up here Joondalup didn't exist except for dual carriageways in the middle of the bush. To see somewhere like Joondalup start up and slowly grow before our eyes to become a major employer for people in the area has been amazing. It's only going to get bigger and create more jobs. I think they tried the same thing with Rockingham to the South but it's not taken off like Joondalup.

Should help happy heart understand where the majority of employment is. Another give away is all the train lines in perth go to this place.

CBD? It's not going to help Col then if he's a sparkie. Guess it's OK if you work in Business, whatever that covers. For the rest of the time he'll be at those trading estates, new builds and heavy engineering places that are all over the place, North, South and East of the CBD.

CBD? It's not going to help Col then if he's a sparkie. Guess it's OK if you work in Business, whatever that covers. For the rest of the time he'll be at those trading estates, new builds and heavy engineering places that are all over the place, North, South and East of the CBD.

How about the 2 huge construction projects which are underway in the city.. Thounsands of jobs will be made. All the big commercial jobs are always in the city.

How about the 2 huge construction projects which are underway in the city.. Thounsands of jobs will be made. All the big commercial jobs are always in the city.

My sons a sparkie and worked on a couple of those construction jobs. Col should be fine then. He can live anywhere, North or South and get into the City easily on the good public transport.

To be honest Col, I've not seen one fact from you, just sweeping statements that people have proved wrong.

There is plenty of work round Joondalup, Wanneroo and lot's of places between there and the City. I've lived here 22 years and not had to work in the City or South of the River once. I work on Stirling Highway at the moment and have done for a long time, but I like the drive down West Coast Highway, it's not a drama.

I worked in Osborne Park for years, another place North of the River where there's a lot of companies and work.

When we moved up here Joondalup didn't exist except for dual carriageways in the middle of the bush. To see somewhere like Joondalup start up and slowly grow before our eyes to become a major employer for people in the area has been amazing. It's only going to get bigger and create more jobs. I think they tried the same thing with Rockingham to the South but it's not taken off like Joondalup.

Joondalup is a satellite city and as such obviously creates its own jobs to an extent. Until/if Perth ever really gets serious about decentralisation though the majority of jobs in certain sectors will remain largely CBD focused. Of course the majority of the metro area does not work in the city, but substantial and increasing numbers do.

Joondalup is a satellite city and as such obviously creates its own jobs to an extent. Until/if Perth ever really gets serious about decentralisation though the majority of jobs in certain sectors will remain largely CBD focused. Of course the majority of the metro area does not work in the city, but substantial and increasing numbers do.

Perth, like everywhere else that's gone through it will only be able to decentralise very slowly. We've seen massive changes since we came, couldn't have dreamt that Perths, North and South in particular would have grown so much and to a certain extent East too. Not as much though.

How long has it taken any Major City to grow? There has been a massive push in the last few years to get Perth more centralised. Getting people to live in the City or closer to it, in High rise. Not something I'd fancy but we have friends in Applecross who has a daughter with an apartment in Northbridge and she loves it.

As Perth has got bigger I think more people complain about the traffic, the lack of public transport to some places and just about everything that's negative about big cities.

Your possibly confusing with hippies, but they wouldn't have done the northern burbs either, soil to sandy to grow any weed of quality.

Sorry Flag you'll have to enlighten me on what a "hipster type folk" is then. It's not something I've heard my 24 or 18 year olds trot out.

I used to be one of those damn hippy types in the 60's and 70's mate. Never one for growing my own though, didn't smoke either so when I had one it used to really go to my head quickly.

Strangely enough there seems to be a few ex-hippy types who live up here. A lot of them longed for the lifestyle we have now when we were young but we were just living in the wrong place. Funny your reference to Perth being a bit like LA. I think it is a lot like LA was in the 60's-70's which is what a lot of people seem to like.

I saw on old black and white episode of batman a while back and the coastline, when the batmobile comes out of the batcave and drives along a coast road for a bit, reminded me of West Coast Highway. That was a few years back though, before all the new estates down Marmion.

Guest The Pom Queen

After reported posts I have deleted 20 posts from this thread. Please refrain from personal attacks and realise that not everyone has the same view point as yourself. Debate yes that's fine, but personal attacks are a no go.

OK OK i give in I will move to Yanchep and work FIFO leave the family in the middle of nowhere I mean up and coming utopia,then I can come on here and tell everyone how wonderful Perth is and that all their dreams will come true when they come here and flame anyone who dares to suggest new migrants coming now might struggle. Or maybe i can carry on living where I am in the real world telling the honest truth not my version of it.

I cant list every house above $500k in a decent area with decent schools so as to back up my sweeping generalization, but I can link median house price by suburb http://reiwa.com.au/Research/Pages/Price-growth-by-suburb.aspx. Not many desirable suburbs below 500k is there?

OK OK i give in I will move to Yanchep and work FIFO leave the family in the middle of nowhere I mean up and coming utopia,then I can come on here and tell everyone how wonderful Perth is and that all their dreams will come true when they come here and flame anyone who dares to suggest new migrants coming now might struggle. Or maybe i can carry on living where I am in the real world telling the honest truth not my version of it.

I cant list every house above $500k in a decent area with decent schools so as to back up my sweeping generalization, but I can link median house price by suburb http://reiwa.com.au/Research/Pages/Price-growth-by-suburb.aspx. Not many desirable suburbs below 500k is there?

And the median can be quite deceiving - we fancied Duncraig before we moved out, whilst not prime real estate, I would consider it a desirable suburb - reasonable commute, good schools etc. however the houses you could buy for the median price were far from desirable - many were only good for demolishing, and since my OH used to renovate houses for a living so I don't say that lightly.

The suburbs under $500k that are more desirable (& it's getting fewer - Duncraig is over $500K now, as is Hammi Hill where we ended up) are on the whole older suburbs where the median is unlikely to be a brick 4x2 with a pool.

Looking at the current prices if I wanted to spend under $500k I reckon I'd look at Yangebup - great transport links from Cockburn Central, I don't know about schools but there are a number of very affordable private schools SOR - my sons was less than $4k a year.

Archived