WA still topping other states

C'est la Vie! Should have trained as a nurse.

ah you speak French, me too. Happily speak of line, as generally on line must be in the native language, anyway those professionals on the way out after the recent WA Government cut backs, numbering in their hundreds, must be thinking perhaps they should have trained as teachers, firemen or butchers. Truth being few are entirely safe.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because your previous posts state that the current system is acceptable and that it has been wonderful to you and if we all just accept that then future generations will be handing over 80% of their salary to the bank. It was always said that a house should cost no more than 30% of your income. How many people do you think exceed that now? How much percentage of salary to the bank should we pay for a roof over our heads? Considering you cant buy much in Perth under $450K unless you live 40k plus from CBD

Where did I say it was acceptable? The individual determines his or her own acceptability.

We are lucky to have free will in this country. Opt in..or opt out. Your choice.

How many people, who reading this thread, would be thankfull just to get a visa to live in this beautiful city never mind a house.

jeez people who moan...look around, out of your window, on your drive to work, as you jump into your pool.

just saying...

ah you speak French, me too. Happily speak of line, as generally on line must be in the native language, anyway those professionals on the way out after the recent WA Government cut backs, numbering in their hundreds, must be thinking perhaps they should have trained as teachers, firemen or butchers. Truth being few are entirely safe.

Too true! hardly destitute as a professional such as a nurse/police officer or firey though. May not find job of choice but will surely find job in dire straits. Something to pay the mortgage should the worst happen.

How many people, who reading this thread, would be thankfull just to get a visa to live in this beautiful city never mind a house.

jeez people who moan...look around, out of your window, on your drive to work, as you jump into your pool.

just saying...

Yep. No worries. The pool will solve the issues, clear the head to enable an outrageous mortgage feel ok, let alone the incredible cost of living in a pretty middling sort of city.

Too true! hardly destitute as a professional such as a nurse/police officer or firey though. May not find job of choice but will surely find job in dire straits. Something to pay the mortgage should the worst happen.

Why are you bothering? Save yourself the anguish. I've had the 3 of them on ignore for the past 6 months and my time on this site has improved immeasurably.

Unless an over supply of course and interest rates head sky wards. All happened before teachers is an example that comes to mind.

Unless an over supply of course and interest rates head sky wards. All happened before teachers is an example that comes to mind.

I know what you mean..happened in UK just after I qualified...poor buggers. Maggies shortsighted cuts to student nurse numbers which led to shortages..reactionary politics... Nowhere is immune! Count your blessings I say!

Yep. No worries. The pool will solve the issues, clear the head to enable an outrageous mortgage feel ok, let alone the incredible cost of living in a pretty middling sort of city.

But for some of us Flag, its the little things, that make it all worth while. OH n I haven't made the 2.5 salary exchange that's talked about, but we do now have a life that doesn't drag us down. The beach on our door step, uncrowded , weather, house etc.

you can try all you want to rain on our parade...but you won't succeed. And the difference to me is obvious, I'm happy, your...well one of life's less happy people

Hmm projections. Too scary. I prefer in the moment. far less threatening.

Yes the moment is all important. It is only in economics where long term projections have some relevance. I lived by the moment for a large part of my life, and it was fun. Never made any money in those times though, but at the same time it didn't hold the relevance that it does in today's skewered world.

Yes the moment is all important. It is only in economics where long term projections have some relevance. I lived by the moment for a large part of my life, and it was fun. Never made any money in those times though, but at the same time it didn't hold the relevance that it does in today's skewered world.

Do you think making money is important Flag? I try to keep a healthy balance. As long as I can pay the bills and have some left over for fun that'll do.

But for some of us Flag, its the little things, that make it all worth while. OH n I haven't made the 2.5 salary exchange that's talked about, but we do now have a life that doesn't drag us down. The beach on our door step, uncrowded , weather, house etc.

you can try all you want to rain on our parade...but you won't succeed. And the difference to me is obvious, I'm happy, your...well one of life's less happy people

I don't think you get it all. Nothing is obvious, very far from it. I have no intention nor desire to rain on your parade. Very parochial thinking, if I may say. Are you happier than me? How can you make a statement as such? It is without any foundation based on the utterances of an internet forum. All very wrong. What you should attempt to understand is critique is not unhappiness but in fact seeking greater possibilities.

Do you think making money is important Flag? I try to keep a healthy balance. As long as I can pay the bills and have some left over for fun that'll do.

I have always put experience over money, so no not as such but we still need money and a source of income to survive in this life. I am not a fan of materialism and besides investment,would spend my money on travel in the sense of living in a place for a period.

I don't think you get it all. Nothing is obvious, very far from it. I have no intention nor desire to rain on your parade. Very parochial thinking, if I may say. Are you happier than me? How can you make a statement as such? It is without any foundation based on the utterances of an internet forum. All very wrong. What you should attempt to understand is critique is not unhappiness but in fact seeking greater possibilities.

why should I seek greater possibilities, if I've got all I want here?

I fully understand how England's underclass, not a term I'd use but working class coming perhaps from council estates, grey skies and poor prospects are rightly defensive of their adopted country . Land and swimming pool would have been beyond many folk's wildest dreams. Perpetual blue skies, the beach, everything shinny and new, I really get it and don't mean to sound ferocious, but that is not al there is. We can and indeed have the right of living in a rich country and state far more.

I was brought up on a council estate, what I had was two fantastic parents who have a wonderful work ethic and great family values. I'm not offended by your post flag, because I moved from a council estate well before I moved to Aus, I achieved my shiny and new detached house in the UK. I think you've made a gross generalisation - as others may do about those being brought up with lots of money. For me personally, the life I have here (albeit that I do have a pool) is very comparable to the lifestyle I achieved and left behind in the UK.

I was brought up on a council estate, what I had was two fantastic parents who have a wonderful work ethic and great family values. I'm not offended by your post flag, because I moved from a council estate well before I moved to Aus, I achieved my shiny and new detached house in the UK. I think you've made a gross generalisation - as others may do about those being brought up with lots of money. For me personally, the life I have here (albeit that I do have a pool) is very comparable to the lifestyle I achieved and left behind in the UK.

Council estate?

Australian might have big personal dedt. Maybe that's because we have the healthiest , highest earning workforce in the world. Not uncommon for some to pay houses of in ten years instead of thirty see how good the banks here do. People need to understand what's going on in mining industry and stop reading the papers. Notice how many kiwis are now being employed in the mines after they laid of some slack Aussies last year. The kiwis will work for less. The mining companies will be back in swing in the not to distant future, they know what they are doing, and what they did is working for them. Construction being slow in Perth is laughable too. Try advertising for hired help or getting a tradie to do a job around your house. Be lucky to get a phone call . That's why wages are increasing , subbies paying more to get help. As long as China continues buying up everything we will continue doing well. Some find the negative in everything. Your in one of the healthiest economies in the world.

I'm up in Darwin this week. I've been a few times and you can see it slowly changing for the better. The dock area has been Rey improved. It has the biggest wave pool in the Southern Hemisphere and a lot of decent hotels, restaurants and bars. You can see a lot of building and development happening everywhere. I don't find it too surprising that NT is doing so well, it's still a very small place that is busy a lot of the time because of backpackers. As a more qualified workforce is needed there will be a lot of opportunities up here. It's a nice place and the weather this week hasn't been much different from Perth. A bit more humid though. Personally like to visit but don't know about living here. Can't use the ocean as much as you can in Perth. If there wasn't anything else available I would go for it though. Should be decent money working on the big oil and gas projects too.

Only takes a couple big projects to turn a steady economy into a boom period in an isolated place like Darwin.

Archived