do you tip removal company when your goods arrived from UK?

Gilllian

Didn't tip the gang who moved us in originally, as they were surly and unhelpful. I did tip the guys who moved us between houses as they went out of their way in difficult circumstances, and did an excellent job cheerfully. But generally, tipping is far less part of the scene here, because people tend to be better paid in the first place. I can't remember the last time I tipped in a restaurant here - it just isn't part of the culture in the way that it is in the UK and particularly the US.

Didn't tip the gang who moved us in originally, as they were surly and unhelpful. I did tip the guys who moved us between houses as they went out of their way in difficult circumstances, and did an excellent job cheerfully. But generally, tipping is far less part of the scene here, because people tend to be better paid in the first place. I can't remember the last time I tipped in a restaurant here - it just isn't part of the culture in the way that it is in the UK and particularly the US.

I'm Australian - I always tip in restaurants..........not the pub, but anywhere beyond that....

No. They sliced our headboard when opening it and wouldn't admit responsibility.

They refused to put together Ikea furniture which was fair enough as we knew about that, but they also refused to put up anything that they classed to be "Ikea style" furniture which was basically everything else. We had booked the package for disassembling and reassembling so couldn't get my head around that one.

They were in and out in a couple of hours when we were advised they would be around for most of the day, so no.

Archived