Can my Brother get put onto resident visa as a dependent?

jag

Hi guys I was wondering if you could tell me. I am a permanent visa holder and my brother is here on a 2nd year working holiday visa. Can I sponsor him in any way? Or give him points towards his visa application?

Do you have any other other relatives alive? Mum, Dad? If so then he is not able to to come as a last remaining relative. Plus he is here on a working visa and is not really dependent on you.

Nice of you buy him a car though. I would have given him a bus ticket and said go explore Australia and work and support yourself along the way.

Hi guys, Ok thank for you reply. He has had an work related injury and was unable to work. Thanks for you reply's though.

If you were able to sponsor him (and like the others I think there an almost zero chance of this), an injury so serious that prevents him working may be a reason to fail the medical for PR.

Could I sponsor him on a 489 visa in WA?

For a 489 visa he must have an occupation on the SOL and be able to get a positive skills assessment in that occupation. He must also be able to pass the points test but he would get 10 points for your sponsorship.

Hi Jag - if you were looking at the 489 route, applications are really limited at the moment I'm afraid (not sure if it will change in July though):

Due to a large number of applications there will be a limit of 35 invitations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Sponsored) visas until further notice. This change will be implemented from the 16 December 2013 invitation round.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Archived