Jill

Jilldesp

I wanted to know if anyone else in the same situation as me! I have as job sponsership in Sydney, but just realised/found out the cost of the school fees associated with this vis! 5000 dollars per child per year! I am going to have to pull out of this job offer and apply for permanent residency; I am gutted. It will cost me 15000 for 3 kids so just not worth it. I have sent my CV to an immigratio agency today and they are calling me later. It will cost £2,500 for this route so a no brainier really just the wait now involved!!! I cud cry. How long will it take anyone know???? Thanks xx

I think in NSW the fees still remain and that us where my job offer is!! I can't believe it is so inflated! It's a joke really and can't imagine y anyone wud pay that amount! We need all the money we can get for the move!!

It's not a joke really and it is for people who are on temporary visas and therefore it is completely understandable in my opinion. Education is expensive and $5000 is not inflated as it does not even really begin to cover the cost of educating a child. NSW has charged fees for years for temporary residents, so it is nothing new.

You will be better off anyway gaining PR and all the associated benefits, rather than temporary visa.

It is expensive when you are paying for 3 children, especially as it had to be paid up front. I knew a fee applied but not for that amount. I am definitely better off going for the permanent visa just the wait involved! Cest la vie!

If you think about it the other way, why should the government provide free schooling for three children on a temporary visa? That's my take on it anyway.

Good luck with your PR application.

Guest Guest26012
I wanted to know if anyone else in the same situation as me! I have as job sponsership in Sydney, but just realised/found out the cost of the school fees associated with this vis! 5000 dollars per child per year! I am going to have to pull out of this job offer and apply for permanent residency; I am gutted. It will cost me 15000 for 3 kids so just not worth it. I have sent my CV to an immigratio agency today and they are calling me later. It will cost £2,500 for this route so a no brainier really just the wait now involved!!! I cud cry. How long will it take anyone know???? Thanks xx

We we don't have children here but the pr route is the best option tbh. As long as you are aware of the school fees then at least you can be prepared! it's not cheap but I think it's fair tbh. Good luck with your plans.

Thank you! I know y r right I just wish I had done my research beforehand!!! I am very inpatient and the sponsership seemed like the perfect option as it is so quick!!! I was always intending to go for PR once I was there but now I realise it will b a lot cheaper just to go for that!! Do u know how long it takes? X

No l agree with that, just wish I had known beforehand. It makes no sense to apply for 457 really especially for NSW! Anyone at least I know just feel quilty on the hospital who have offered me the job!

Plenty of employers would pay it on behalf of the employee - some even pay the school fees for international schools knowing that it is unfair on a temporary employee to have their children's education disrupted so don't feel guilty. At the very least they should have told you!

I know the recruitment agency have been great but they didn't outline the fees to me at the start! I should have donee re research though I suppose! I am going to email the recruitment agency to let them know that I will have to pull out of the sponsership CIA of the fees! If the hosp decide to pay them then that wud b great but not sure if they will happen?! Thanks x

I know the recruitment agency have been great but they didn't outline the fees to me at the start! I should have donee re research though I suppose! I am going to email the recruitment agency to let them know that I will have to pull out of the sponsership CIA of the fees! If the hosp decide to pay them then that wud b great but not sure if they will happen?! Thanks x

TBH there are a few things like this ,that will pop up if your sponsored rather than here on PR, so even if the hospital offered to pay your school fee's, i would hold out for the PR visa.

Cal x

Archived