Arrrgggh- s'hot

starlight7

It's rare to see a possum during the day but yesterday a Ring-tail possum ran straight past me climbed the ladder to the pool and jumped in. This morning I found a Noisy Minah sitting on the ground. I picked it up and put it in a bowl of water where it revived. So now I've put the sprinkler on a fine spray. There are now lots of different birds out there cooling off. Cool change is due to hit Melbourne at 8pm tonight.

:notworthy:

I didn't move here I'm born and bred in Perth but lived many other places

But you returned and still whinge about it. Just can't get my head around some of the people here, they really are quite odd.

It's rare to see a possum during the day but yesterday a Ring-tail possum ran straight past me climbed the ladder to the pool and jumped in. This morning I found a Noisy Minah sitting on the ground. I picked it up and put it in a bowl of water where it revived. So now I've put the sprinkler on a fine spray. There are now lots of different birds out there cooling off. Cool change is due to hit Melbourne at 8pm tonight.

I wouldn't be saving an Indian Myna. They are shocking birds and a totally invasive pest.

Although I am an animal lover, they are a major problem and need to be culled.

Forget I wrote that. I had never heard of a noisy minah but I see it is a different bird.

I don't mind what the temp is during the day to be honest. If I'm working, I work in an a/c'd office so that helps obviously. If I'm off, we do something accordingly. Last Saturday was 40-odd, we flitted between a couple of shaded beer gardens and, believe me, it was very tolerable.

We have r/c and a pool at home so they're an obvious benefit but I wouldn't say the heat has ever really stopped me doing anything.

30 degrees at night is a different matter, that's a nuisance. Although the a/c and the ceiling fans work well.

Gotta say it...... What did everyone expect when moving to AUSTRALIA?

I agree, it's nasty but hell - did you not think it was gonna get hot or sommat? I'm not one for coining a phrase but this thread is well and truly in the whining poms bucket. No offence meant to anyone though like.

I haven't complained about the heat ;) I think we've got it good atm compared to the southern states! I expected it to be hot and yucky, but looking forward to the dry season :)

I don't mind what the temp is during the day to be honest. If I'm working, I work in an a/c'd office so that helps obviously. If I'm off, we do something accordingly. Last Saturday was 40-odd, we flitted between a couple of shaded beer gardens and, believe me, it was very tolerable.

We have r/c and a pool at home so they're an obvious benefit but I wouldn't say the heat has ever really stopped me doing anything.

30 degrees at night is a different matter, that's a nuisance. Although the a/c and the ceiling fans work well.

Heat at night can be a right PIA but very rare

here. 14C last night after 40C day and expected 41C today.

Both of the major Melbourne papers, the Herald Sun and the Age, are reporting that this is the first time the city has seen four continuous days above 41C since records began. Its nothing, I guess, for the west coast or for many inland areas, but its a bit of a shock for Melbourne. And the air conditioning in my office has died this afternoon... :-(

Archived