Kitchen machines and gadgets

Petals

The coffee thread got me thinking, how many do we have. I have quite a few, do they get used, rarely. The toaster, egg cooker get used every day. The chopper upper hardly, the mandolin no, might take my fingers off. Rice cooker used to get used daily but not used now. The choppy things well I look at the machine and think can I be bothered and then say to myself no. Knife, you are my hero and you are so easy to clean.

Marketers do not like me

Breville coffee machine - every day

Breville toaster - every day

Breville food processor - every second day

Breville cafe toaster - every few days

Breville kettle - not much now, coffee machine dispenses hot water too.

We should have purchased Breville shares!

Other stuff

coffee grinder - every few days, I grind beans and store grounds in freezer for a few days.

Smoothy maker - every second day for ohs breakfasts

slow cooker - once a week or so

stick blender - when needed

cake mixer - don't use much, food processor with dough blade does the job better

pizza oven - why did I buy that?

Toaster almost every day

Toasted sandwich press couple times a month - love it

Onion chopper used almost every day

Slow cooker once a month - love it

Stick blender for soups - love it

Pressure cooker - once a year if that (prefer slow cooker)

Coffee machine - op shop - bought a few all failures re taste

Apart from the coffee machine and Pressure cooker I love all my other gadgets.

Magimix - weekly

Breville Kettle - daily

Breville Coffee machine - not currently no space

Kenwood kMix - weekly

Panasonic mwave daily

Yonanas Elite - regularly

Kettle - multi times daily

Toaster - few times week

Lavazza coffee machine - daily

Stick blender - weekly

cafe toaster - weekly

Food processor - weekly

Pie cooker - used to be weekly but now kids left home, once a year maybe

Slow cooker - twice weekly in winter - monthly in summer - great to cook a joint without the hot oven

Bread machine - once a week as I make all my own bread, slice and freeze it.

Kenwood Mixer - rarely

Rice cooker - once a year if lucky.... don't like rice and can't imagine why I bought it

Electric knife - weekly - brilliant to slice fresh bread.... can't carve meat without it

Pressure cooker - used to use it often but now superceded by slow cooker

Microwave - daily

Kettle - daily

Nespresso machine - daily

Toaster - daily

Iron - too bl**dy often :arghh:

Kettle and toaster are UK imports that still have Aussie adapters on them as are the toastie machine, stick blender, electric whisk, slow cooker etc. which don't come out of the cupboard very often - yeah, the only thing that didn't make the container really was the kitchen sink!

Dont actually have many gadgets.

Blender. Once a week

Food processor. Several times a week

Microwave. Hardly at all

Stick blender. Once a week in winter fir a quick soup.

With though be investing a serious set of knives this year (damned expensive but hope they will outlive me)

Guest Guest40285

Kettle, never really gets cold,

Im old fashionad so always use a knife,

Toaster every day.

Cooker most days.

BBQ most evenings.

slow cooker, lots.

Guest Guest40285
Dont actually have many gadgets.

Blender. Once a week

Food processor. Several times a week

Microwave. Hardly at all

Stick blender. Once a week in winter fir a quick soup.

With though be investing a serious set of knives this year (damned expensive but hope they will outlive me)

Get Global knives VERYSTORMY they will live forever if looked after, I saved for ages to get mine, most prized possesion in my kitchen.

Get Global knives VERYSTORMY they will live forever if looked after, I saved for ages to get mine, most prized possesion in my kitchen.

Cheers for that. I hadn't come across them. Had been looking at this one and a couple of German ones.

http://www.chuboknives.com/products/misono-ux10-gyutou-270mm-10-6#.UtTnRqNhiK0

Will go and hunt them down for a try.

Kettle - daily

Nespresso machine - daily

Toaster - daily

Iron - too bl**dy often :arghh:

Kettle and toaster are UK imports that still have Aussie adapters on them as are the toastie machine, stick blender, electric whisk, slow cooker etc. which don't come out of the cupboard very often - yeah, the only thing that didn't make the container really was the kitchen sink!

Iron in the kitchen?

• 7 months later...
I can't live without my Thermomix. Use it several times a day. We have a teeny-tiny kitchen and just don't have room for much else so this makes a HUGE difference.

Went to to a demo for one of these, looked good. Boy are they expensive though, my last car was worth less!

do you really think they are good value, what do they do best. How long have you had it?

OH hassled me going on 2 years for a Thermomix. My arguments against getting one were always 1) the cost of the thing 2) I figured it'd go the way of the other gadgets she'd bought in the past - used the days it's purchased, maybe on the odd occasion here and there during the next couple of weeks, then stashed in the cupboard for months on end until it was given to a mate (who probably though they REALLY needed one, just like my OH had at the time she bought it).

I gave in a couple of months back and she finally got her Thermo......

Since then pretty much everything we've eaten has come out of the thing, quickly, and tasting good!

The only time the oven gets used these days is to crisp up the roast and cook the Yorkshire puds and roast spuds (shame it can't do those things).

Oh, one of my OH's selling points for us getting one was that it washes itself up. And it pretty much does!

Yeah, they are expensive and going back 2 months my mindset was that it would be a waste of cash. So far, it seems that it wasn't. Will let you know if that changes!!

Archived