Migration Agent Costs - Do these seem "Reasonable"

SW1

I have been through my migration agent for our 457 and we are now applying for PR.

Without going into long boring specifics, we are applying for the regional permanent residency visa and here are the costs:

Visa Cost including skills assess - $9,066.

Professional fees from agent - $8,785.

Do those professional fee's seem high???? Or does everyone get their pants pulled down like this??

Thank you :)

Our employer only wants to use her now.

I've spoke with her and she has said it was a mistake and sent a new contract. the new total is $16584.00 with $7518 of that as her professional fees.

I wouldnt mind but I'm the one who writes everything up and amends her flipping errors!!

What a scandal.

This is from the official regulatory body and will give you a rough guide as to the average fees: https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/working-with-your-agent/agent-fees/

As you can see for this visa the average would be between $3,000 - $5,400 AUD.

Also worth noting that for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme a skills assessment is only necessary in certain circumstances.

You're under no obligation to use that particular agent or any at all. It's your application and if you're not happy with the costs or the service being provided it's up to your to decide what to do.

All the best,

I have been through my migration agent for our 457 and we are now applying for PR.

Without going into long boring specifics, we are applying for the regional permanent residency visa and here are the costs:

Visa Cost including skills assess - $9,066.

Professional fees from agent - $8,785.

Do those professional fee's seem high???? Or does everyone get their pants pulled down like this??

Thank you :)

You would probably be well advised to seek another quotation.

Archived