Minty Lamb Chops

tonyman

one of my favourite butchers choice ........but does anyone have a good recipe so that I can just buy the lamb and make my own marinade ..........:animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep:.......many thanks Shaun

This is my recipe.

Take a large bunch of mint leaves and chop reasonably finely

Put them in a pestle and mortar with half a teaspoon of coarse salt and quarter teaspoon black peppercorns, half a teaspoon of sugar, a dash of worsted sauce and give it all a good going with the mortar. Next you need to start adding vinegar. I like cider vinegar. Start adding it slowly until the mix is most of the way to the right consistency. Then start slowly adding olive oil until it is at the right consistency. Marinade the chops and leave in the fridge overnight. Heat up a BBQ to fairly hot - or a heavy frying pan with only a very slight touch of oil in. Cook for about 3 mins per side turning every minute. Serve with a drizzle of some more of the paste over.

I will give a cheats alternative. It's not mint but works amazing.

Just use pesto instead.

Marinade the lamb in lots os pesto

Boil some fusili pasta - the one that looks like grains of rice - do not over cook it as it is going to be roasted

Chop a butternut squash into pieces that are fairly small - no bigger than 1cm on any side

strain and mix the pasta with the squash in a oven tray and put the chops on top - I use French cut chops and season the pasta

Bake in the oven on about 200c for 15 mins. Take out and give the pasta a mix and put the chops back in on the other side and cook until at the level you want - I find another 15 mins gives medium rare. The pasta will now have the flavour of both the lamb and the pesto.

I serve it with a green salad

Oh. In both recipes make sure the chops have been brought to room temp before cooking.

one of my favourite butchers choice ........but does anyone have a good recipe so that I can just buy the lamb and make my own marinade ..........:animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep::animal-sheep:.......many thanks Shaun

Not quite sure why exactly, but i was a bit dissapointed when i read the thread and found you we're after a receipe for minty lamb chops.

i think i was waiting for a comedy twist :biggrin:

Chris x

This is my recipe.

Take a large bunch of mint leaves and chop reasonably finely

Put them in a pestle and mortar with half a teaspoon of coarse salt and quarter teaspoon black peppercorns, half a teaspoon of sugar, a dash of worsted sauce and give it all a good going with the mortar. Next you need to start adding vinegar. I like cider vinegar. Start adding it slowly until the mix is most of the way to the right consistency. Then start slowly adding olive oil until it is at the right consistency. Marinade the chops and leave in the fridge overnight. Heat up a BBQ to fairly hot - or a heavy frying pan with only a very slight touch of oil in. Cook for about 3 mins per side turning every minute. Serve with a drizzle of some more of the paste over.

I will give a cheats alternative. It's not mint but works amazing.

Just use pesto instead.

Marinade the lamb in lots os pesto

Boil some fusili pasta - the one that looks like grains of rice - do not over cook it as it is going to be roasted

Chop a butternut squash into pieces that are fairly small - no bigger than 1cm on any side

strain and mix the pasta with the squash in a oven tray and put the chops on top - I use French cut chops and season the pasta

Bake in the oven on about 200c for 15 mins. Take out and give the pasta a mix and put the chops back in on the other side and cook until at the level you want - I find another 15 mins gives medium rare. The pasta will now have the flavour of both the lamb and the pesto.

I serve it with a green salad

Oh. In both recipes make sure the chops have been brought to room temp before cooking.

Perfect VS, that's what I was after .......as growing my own mint now , just want to get that sauce right instead of paying the butcher ...are you coming on the Perth doo in Feb ?

sorry Crispy S2 but at least I put a little humour in my sensible post with the sheep and Shaun ......:wink:x

VS , my butcher tells me that they are always best done in the oven , I tend to agree with her but I cook them on or in whatever I feel like , they still hit the right spot .........thanks again

No undortuntaly I will be at work - fly back on the 28th of Jan. Shame as I would have loved to.

I personally think lamb chops - espcecially cutlets are always best done in a frying pan as it's easier to get the outside cooked to the nice caramel stage and the inside pink.

No undortuntaly I will be at work - fly back on the 28th of Jan. Shame as I would have loved to.

I personally think lamb chops - espcecially cutlets are always best done in a frying pan as it's easier to get the outside cooked to the nice caramel stage and the inside pink.

shame VS, we still haven't caught up..............

Can't go wrong with the lamb cutlets- pity they cost so much. That recipe looks great- presumably you could use the cheaper cuts?

yes look/sounds good,looking forward to making it ,probs tomorrow .........how much do you pay for your lamb...I pay $9.99 Kilo at my butchers that's in the sauce , lamb forequarter is only $5 for 4 good sized pieces , ok for practising on ect........

Archived