building a chicken coop

tonyman

I`m making a chicken coop for MIL tmoz , door and frame ect but can anyone (tink) tell me what to put inside it , my coop has no perches and they lay , but would like to make this coop different .....a good area to work in , so what can I put in this coop ...?

I`m making a chicken coop for MIL tmoz , door and frame ect but can anyone (tink) tell me what to put inside it , my coop has no perches and they lay , but would like to make this coop different .....a good area to work in , so what can I put in this coop ...?

I know you've being trying to palm her off mate,but isnt this going a bit too far?think on mate:policeman:

I'd put chickens in iticon3.png,make it feel authentic:wubclub:,MIL's dont belong in chicken coops bro:daydreaming:

They only cost around $100 on eBay. And they come precut and with all pieces ready to screw together with instructions.

To go out and buy all the materials would cost nearly that much, then you would have to make your own plans, cut everything to size, put it together, take it apart again, revise your plans, put it back together, watch it collapse, put it back together and tie up the mistake at the far corner with some hayband!

They only cost around $100 on eBay. And they come precut and with all pieces ready to screw together with instructions.

To go out and buy all the materials would cost nearly that much, then you would have to make your own plans, cut everything to size, put it together, take it apart again, revise your plans, put it back together, watch it collapse, put it back together and tie up the mistake at the far corner with some hayband!

DO NOT GET AN EBAY ONE!! They are such terrible quality. I paid over $550 for one the same as they sell on eBay. Parts of it were falling off within months. If you are going to buy one, go for one of the metal ones. Not the best design, but at least they will last.

DO NOT GET AN EBAY ONE!! They are such terrible quality. I paid over $550 for one the same as they sell on eBay. Parts of it were falling off within months. If you are going to buy one, go for one of the metal ones. Not the best design, but at least they will last.

Next door has a chicken coop from eBay for their guinea pigs, they have had it a few years and it seems to be holding up fine.

The smaller ones are more sturdy, but you need space for chickens (I realised after buying one of the small ebay ones and having two chickens practically sat on each others laps). The bigger it gets the harder for those flimsy little panels to stay together, and you need the bigger ones.

Guest Guest66881
The smaller ones are more sturdy, but you need space for chickens (I realised after buying one of the small ebay ones and having two chickens practically sat on each others laps). The bigger it gets the harder for those flimsy little panels to stay together, and you need the bigger ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22490[/ATTACH]:laugh:

I know all about the ebay and cheap ones , they are ok for guinea pigs but crap for what I want ............a large tin shed with no door and concrete floor is already erected , I have made a door and side panel and sturdy frame , chicken wired it and will at a later date make a run , though they will have a huge garden to stretch out in now and again .......what I want to know is what to use as a nesting box and how high to put a perch .........my chooks lay inside a dog kennel that is inside the coop , I did make some boxes but they didn't take to them ......at the moment the new chooks are laying on the floor ........Pabs , good idea about MIL but if I make one for her it will be out of brick and have NO door :wink:

Archived