ping pong poms

julou26

Hi Julou

Welcome to PIO,, quite a few of our members have ping ponged so im sure you will get the help and advice you need. Are you going back to the same State? I know a few members who have moved back have tried a totally different State and its worked for them..

Lots of luck with it all and feel free to post away with any questions you may have

Cal x

I'd say think long and hard about it. Lots of poms ping (back to UK) then pong (aus) then ping back again. What are your reasons? What do you think Aus has that the UK doesn't? If its just sun and sand then i suppose go for it but if your life has more to it than that than maybe look a little closer to home. The South has a lot going for it at the moment. Moving to Aus takes a lot of money and effort, ask yourself if this money and effort where applied here what returns you could get back compared to moving back to Aus.

Guest Guest26012
I'd say think long and hard about it. Lots of poms ping (back to UK) then pong (aus) then ping back again. What are your reasons? What do you think Aus has that the UK doesn't? If its just sun and sand then i suppose go for it but if your life has more to it than that than maybe look a little closer to home. The South has a lot going for it at the moment. Moving to Aus takes a lot of money and effort, ask yourself if this money and effort where applied here what returns you could get back compared to moving back to Aus.

Good advice simmo!

Well the usual mantra when moving to Aus is that you need to give it 2 years - the converse is true too, I reckon, you need to give a return the same. Work out what it is you want out of life and go from there. It's always hard to return to the mundane (in both directions) and it is so easy to compare the bad of the now with the good of what you had (in both directions!) - heck, even I, who came to loathe Australia can now actually think of it with a bit of positivity especially when the going gets tough here (as it does). Go where you have the best opportunity in hand I reckon - if you're doing ok in Scotland then stick with it (ie don't chuck what you've got on a prayer for better). If you're struggling in Scotland but can get your Aussie job back then move. Nothing is forever!

Well the usual mantra when moving to Aus is that you need to give it 2 years - the converse is true too, I reckon, you need to give a return the same. Work out what it is you want out of life and go from there. It's always hard to return to the mundane (in both directions) and it is so easy to compare the bad of the now with the good of what you had (in both directions!) - heck, even I, who came to loathe Australia can now actually think of it with a bit of positivity especially when the going gets tough here (as it does). Go where you have the best opportunity in hand I reckon - if you're doing ok in Scotland then stick with it (ie don't chuck what you've got on a prayer for better). If you're struggling in Scotland but can get your Aussie job back then move. Nothing is forever!

Quoll makes a good point. We are Ping Pongers, went back to the UK and liked being home. However after a few years wanderlust took effect again and with the luxury of a career break decided to come back to Oz but to a different state which has been good. As Quoll says, nothing is forever, and we will return back home after we have done the Oz thing again for a couple more years at least. However, might be sooner if I don't find another job as the one I've got now is doing my head in!:arghh:

Guest Guest26012

Lol! I see my reply to Rupert's post was deleted about being harsh but the post from Rupert remains? Says it all really! Happy new year!

My family and I moved back from Australia in July but are thinking on moving back again. Anyone else done this? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated

Yes - quite a few times - just go for it but keep aside enough so you don't get trapped either way. If you don't mind the moving about (it doesn't bother me) but you have to consider how all family members feel about it - my children can't wait to get back. Good luck.:biggrin:

Yes my kids are looking forward to coming back too. Can't beat the open air pools when it heats up. I think if you don't mind missing European culture then Oz is a great place for them. I have friends who fly back to Europe every couple of years and it's really more affordable to do that now. Good luck with the move.

Archived