Bye Bye Green and Pleasant Land

Petals

Thanks for that :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:......I work urban and rural everyday of the week ....the inner cities are shite ....but rural and semi rural are still very much England .

I don't need to get all defensive , I have a great life and see it as it is ....

p.s Coventry .....tile hill ....wood end ....iam there in an around cov every week , and you are right it a lot of it is a shithole :biggrin:.........but 10 miles down the road is a different world ....that's the way England is

It's North and far to close to Birmingham and it's unsavoury inhabitants. Nasty..........

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the Oz pop was going to grow to 45million in the next few years.Ok argue that Australia is what?14 times bigger than the UK,but how much of Australia is actually habitable with good employment options?Might be a good idea if they start building more cities,cause would'nt you know?Simply "everyone"wants to live there!:wink:

How old are you?!!when were you last here?...

Old enough to know better. If we could just get poms to think more about personal hygiene it would be a different ballgame entirely.

I live in the countryside - plenty of green land and space here!

Where is your 'sunny Scotland' exactly? I spent 12 mths in Edinburgh, but that was a loooong time ago.

Old enough to know better. If we could just get poms to think more about personal hygiene it would be a different ballgame entirely.

...............For all these small blessings may the Lord make me truly thankful!

This give me an unabashed triumphant laugh! Do you know what heat does to the body? What crowded non air conditioned buses do to the atmosphere when crowded together in that heat?

I have never experienced more pungent body odour then in an Australian Summer. People smell in supermarkets, on those buses, taxi's can be rank (no pun intended. Ahh go on then!), not because of passengers, but because their drivers have to remain static waiting for fares. Engine off/ ac off....

It stinks!

Body pong crosses classes and creeds and nationalities. I got such a wry satisfaction when listening to some sweaty bozo in Australia talking about 'unwashed Poms'!!

........I must admit though I AM struggling with seeing how 'lack of personal hygiene' could affect the green and pleasant land?

I would submit your ideas to every Town Planner and Developer in the land, it simply never occurred to me that we could maintain the greenery with a loofah and some hot water.

You might be on the very edge of a breakthrough. I shall watch the Daily Mail and the Sun and other quality journals in eager anticipation for the scoop of the century!

I am indebted to you.

...............For all these small blessings may the Lord make me truly thankful!

This give me an unabashed triumphant laugh! Do you know what heat does to the body? What crowded non air conditioned buses do to the atmosphere when crowded together in that heat?

I have never experienced more pungent body odour then in an Australian Summer. People smell in supermarkets, on those buses, taxi's can be rank (no pun intended. Ahh go on then!), not because of passengers, but because their drivers have to remain static waiting for fares. Engine off/ ac off....

It stinks!

Body pong crosses classes and creeds and nationalities. I got such a wry satisfaction when listening to some sweaty bozo in Australia talking about 'unwashed Poms'!!

........I must admit though I AM struggling with seeing how 'lack of personal hygiene' could affect the green and pleasant land?

I would submit your ideas to every Town Planner and Developer in the land, it simply never occurred to me that we could maintain the greenery with a loofah and some hot water.

You might be on the very edge of a breakthrough. I shall watch the Daily Mail and the Sun and other quality journals in eager anticipation for the scoop of the century!

I am indebted to you.

So you should be but then you are a resident in the land of the 'freshen up', more commonly known as the 'pommy shower', or the shower you have when you're not having a shower. I should be so lucky......

There's even a positive in that Coventry!The way I look at it?Ok I admit the showers are better in Oz...but.....due to droughts is having a "power"shower sensible?

have Coventry and Sprintman ever posted on the same thread at the same time ?.....it sounds like the same drivel with a different name :biggrin:

I'm the exact opposite, I love the countryside and acknowledge its beauty but after 'few days I crave the hustle and bustle, I am comforted by the sound of trains and buses, peoples voices etc...

Me too. You can't beat the hurly burly of life around one. The vibe. The energy. The excitement. Not knowing what's around the corner. The hearing of multiple languages over a short period of time. The ease of talking to strangers displaying less defences in a crowded environment. The feeling of being a part of the world. Safety in numbers.

Countryside grand for a break but to live nah, give me live and the chance to meet more interesting folk in a cosmopolitan ambiance. Preferably a place with good cycle and public transport connections that must be walkable and have a night pulse where folk don't stay an excessive amount of time in their houses.

I heard that the Oz pop was going to grow to 45million in the next few years.Ok argue that Australia is what?14 times bigger than the UK,but how much of Australia is actually habitable with good employment options?Might be a good idea if they start building more cities,cause would'nt you know?Simply "everyone"wants to live there!:wink:

Yep. OZ has the growth of a developing world country in recent years and little infrastructure to sustain the growth.

Just 2.27% of the UK is built upon - there's plenty of green and pleasant land left thanks, regardless of scaremongering by vested interests such as migrationwatch and the MP who owns (and rents out) 24 houses!

Perhaps if he freed up some of his portfolio we would have less pressure on housing resources?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

What has owning 24 houses got to do with it? Freeing up his portfolio? If he rents them out is that not already housing people that need houses?

What has owning 24 houses got to do with it? Freeing up his portfolio? If he rents them out is that not already housing people that need houses?

It leads to a property bubble as there are less affordable houses available.

It stops people in rural areas getting onto the housing ladder(meaning that they have to move to urban areas and put further pressure on schools, medical services, infrastructure etc).

It relies on our taxes making up shortfalls that renters can't afford as landlords indiscriminately raise prices year on year despite interest rates being at an all time low.

It leads to a property bubble as there are less affordable houses available.

It stops people in rural areas getting onto the housing ladder.

It relies on our taxes making up shortfalls that renters can't afford as landlords indiscriminately raise prices year on year despite interest rates being at an all time low.

So are the houses this person owns actually stopping people from obtaining affordable housing?

This is nothing new and I don't get how it stops people in rural areas anymore than people in built up areas if that is in fact the case. Personally I don't think it is.

And I stick by my first post asking what ones him owning 24 houses got to do with he OP?

So are the houses this person owns actually stopping people from obtaining affordable housing?

This is nothing new and I don't get how it stops people in rural areas anymore than people in built up areas if that is in fact the case. Personally I don't think it is.

And I stick by my first post asking what ones him owning 24 houses got to do with he OP?

He's making a countrywide issue 24 times worse.

Those houses were previously owned by families in the village. They can't now buy there, so younger people move out to an area where they can afford to rent or buy. Older generations then need more state support as families are socially cleansed. And all the while you and I pay for the housing benefit on loads of these houses through our taxes.

He's making a countrywide issue 24 times worse.

Those houses were previously owned by families in the village. They can't now buy there, so younger people move out to an area where they can afford to rent or buy. Older generations then need more state support as families are socially cleansed. And all the while you and I pay for the housing benefit on loads of these houses through our taxes.

So who are tese people that rent these houses then? And what are they doing renting in these towns? Why have the families sold these houses in the first place? Why hav they not kept them in the family so the younger ones could live in them?

So who are tese people that rent these houses then? And what are they doing renting in these towns? Why have the families sold these houses in the first place? Why hav they not kept them in the family so the younger ones could live in them?

1) I'll hazard they are holiday rentals.

2) The housing bubble means short term gain. Given unemployment rates in rural areas this cash possibly supports living costs, or provides a pension.

why are you so keen to move the focus away from this man?

1) I'll hazard they are holiday rentals.

2) The housing bubble means short term gain. Given unemployment rates in rural areas this cash possibly supports living costs, or provides a pension.

why are you so keen to move the focus away from this man?

1) you know this do you?

2) so if they sell their home to support living cost where do they live? and where were the other family members living to you refered to previously?

Im not trying to move the focus away from his man, I actually want to know what his man has to do with the OP? Why this man in particular?

i love how you manage to twist threads and they always end up slagging off the people that seem to have more than others.

anyway, enough said, sorry for hijacking your thread petals.

Archived