Deadline for landing in canberra after being granted the visa ??

minagmaxwell

hi there,

I finally got subclass 190 nomination and I am collecting documents to submit to DIAC... I am wondering if - after getting the visa- I am supposed to land at canberra within a certain period or if I have the choice to postpone the landing for a few monthes or even a year ???

And BTW, is there any multimedia or graphic designers in this forum ?? I would love to help anyone with similar conditions to mine out of experience...

thanks guys

thanks rupert for the fast reply.... but what exactly is a daw ?? If I understood u correctly u mean to say I have to enter australia within one year from doing medicals and police checks ?? is that what u mean ??

thanks again

yes. so if you have done your medicals or Pc check in (let just say) May and get the visa granted in September, you'll probably have to enter by the next May anyway. So it is not a full 12 months from the grant date. Be ready and committed! :-) good luck

• 4 months later...

well, if the occupation is no longer open I do not know what help could skellys give you (well unless she possesses a magic wand)

Hi skellysgirl,I am also Graphic Designer, waiting for occupation to open. Can you please any info which might be helpful for me.Thanks in advance.Regards