Cost of a holiday

Guest51810

Depends what you mean by loads of money. All so if you want to cover a lot of ground or just a couple of states. Travel within OZ is expensive. I'd say at a Guess $10,000 for three months being careful but travelling as well as static might just cover it....That'll be with a few quiet weeks though and not to many nights out on the town.

No If I was just going on a holiday then it would only be one area so I could only be one area, probably perth. The deal was £600 for the flight and the travel dates were between march and april

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a month or so if you dont do anything too expensive while here

So I'd manage 3 weeks ok then. I only want to do the usual things like a trip to a wildlife park, kings park etc. Nothing too major.

I just wish I could decide between holiday and waiting longer. I'm just so impatient! :laugh: plus these flight deals finish on friday but I guess there will always be more

That's what my mum said, must want rid of me now lol.

Ill have to try and get some sort of seasonal live in type job to save up more then. There's hardly any work here plus if I was to just move to england but get a normal job then a lot would go on rent etc.

I just worry about putting off studying again, I'm not getting any younger lol

Why anyone would choose Perth as a holiday destination is beyond me???????? It is a nice place to live and for bringing up my young kids but there is nothing here to see or do. i could think of at least 100 better places in less than 5 minutes to visit for a holiday. I am working with German's at the moment and they are struggling to find places of interest to visit.

Guest guest30085
Is Australia something you would want permanently? I'm just thinking that the longer you put off studying the longer it could be until you get there for good if that is something you want maybe in the future (just thinking out loud lol) xx

Yep, I waited far too many years, having said that I had a family to worry about and a mortgage to pay. Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today, especially in the migration game :)

How long have you got to go now CS? I bet you can't wait :) x

If you got an au pair role you could live rent free get some pocket money, if a decent family be looked after well and get to see a bit of Perth or any other state on your days off...if I were you and young free and single it'd be an absolute no brainer...just sayin;)

Edited by HappyHeart

Yep, I waited far too many years, having said that I had a family to worry about and a mortgage to pay. Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today, especially in the migration game :)

How long have you got to go now CS? I bet you can't wait :) x

2 years lol if it wasn't for the kids and hubby being posted away I would have done it sooner but the last year has gone really quick and I'm so glad I'm on my way now lol xx

Guest guest30085
2 years lol if it wasn't for the kids and hubby being posted away I would have done it sooner but the last year has gone really quick and I'm so glad I'm on my way now lol xx

Its always far more difficult when we have kids, but it will fly by believe me and we will see you posting about finishing your degree :) then about Australia :) good luck x

Just go straight for the WHV. Buy an open return ticket if you're worried about work and if you really run out of money and can't find anything then just come home.

I went out on my WHV with only just under £3k, (not including my flight over - and I didn't have a return ticket). It was about 2 months before I got a job. In total I worked for 7 months of the 12. Towards the end of the year I claimed my tax back which gave me a good amount of Aussie dollars, I think it worked out at about 1k English money. But I couldn't then work anymore after I claimed that, but I needed it then.

I lived on noodles and stirfrys and the 'goon' which I think worked out something stupid like £4 for a 4 litre box lol! I didn't see everything I wanted but we did a lot. We got a bit distracted by boys though!! ;)

I'm an indecisive person too, and I was only 20 when I did this. I'm quite proud of myself really for having the guts to do it! Go for it, YOLO and all that :)