Sadly

SimoneAL

Being realistic and objective, this idea of mine to migrate to Oz is pure madness.

Too many things can go wrong, too expensive, too late in life and wife does not really want to go.

I still hope to find away within 12 months and it will take some time to get this dream out of my head....but...well....next life maybe....&@#%$@ :arghh:

Thanks all for your sharing your experience as immigrants and your knowledge of Oz :wink:

Being realistic and objective, this idea of mine to migrate to Oz is pure madness.

Too many things can go wrong, too expensive, too late in life and wife does not really want to go.

I still hope to find away within 12 months and it will take some time to get this dream out of my head....but...well....next life maybe....&@#%$@ :arghh:

Thanks all for your sharing your experience as immigrants and your knowledge of Oz :wink:

I actually feel for you, as i'd hate to be in your shoes

Guest Guest16631

.....who knows what tomorrow may bring.......

.....a time to set your dream up on a shelf......for now.....!

.....and enjoy where your at......?

.....you may get to bring it down in this lifetime.....even within your 12 months....

......just choices you have to make........will it fill your needs....?

......good luck and all the best to you and yours.....

......wherever life takes you.......tink x

That is a shame - I don't think all your reasons are necessarily valid ones only the one your wife doesn't want to go

Agree with this. People can move later in life successfully, it depends on other things not age. But wife not really wanting to go is a problem. You both have to want to go.

Agree with this. People can move later in life successfully, it depends on other things not age. But wife not really wanting to go is a problem. You both have to want to go.

Very true ... And remember , once in Australia , you both must want to stay there too ..

Dave C

Draw the line and enjoy what you do have I reckon! Dragging a reluctant wife across the world would likely be counterproductive and turn dream into nightmare. Just file it in the "no longer wanted" section of your brain and get on with living!

It takes a strong person to make that decision and a very unselfish one at that!

I agree with other posters enjoy what you have, now my husband and I's plans are getting closer we are looking every day at the things we take for granted, the options available to us here in the UK, Europe and even America and we know we are leaving a very nice place to live for somewhere that is just 'different'. We were walking around the Christmas Markets last night, not fully being able to enjoy them with 3 young children and thinking how nice it would be in the future if we lived in England to check into a lovely hotel in different cities and be able to stroll around together as a couple. Then we realised Australia doesn't have an abundance of cities within easy commuting time.

Perhaps, your wife will negotiate with you and you can have an extended holiday to Australia and live your dream that way?

It takes a strong person to make that decision and a very unselfish one at that!

I agree with other posters enjoy what you have, now my husband and I's plans are getting closer we are looking every day at the things we take for granted, the options available to us here in the UK, Europe and even America and we know we are leaving a very nice place to live for somewhere that is just 'different'. We were walking around the Christmas Markets last night, not fully being able to enjoy them with 3 young children and thinking how nice it would be in the future if we lived in England to check into a lovely hotel in different cities and be able to stroll around together as a couple. Then we realised Australia doesn't have an abundance of cities within easy commuting time.

Perhaps, your wife will negotiate with you and you can have an extended holiday to Australia and live your dream that way?

You'll learn to travel and enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Took a long time to get the head around that one................

Archived