Current timeframe for on shore partner visa?

BritChickx

Got to run around and do it all in the next 2 weeks as my partner is going to work away! Stress ache! The only biggie is getting our statement, passports and birth certificates certified though. As long as we fill in the forms ok we'll be fine....:/ 4 months i'll be lucky!!!

Got to run around and do it all in the next 2 weeks as my partner is going to work away! Stress ache! The only biggie is getting our statement, passports and birth certificates certified though. As long as we fill in the forms ok we'll be fine....:/ 4 months i'll be lucky!!!

I got all my bits certified by a JP at the local library. Didn't cost a cent. Can you do that where you are?

There is on the whole really good access to JP's here, we have them in the local library and the plaza on the Sunshine Coast, so hopefully you should find one quite easily, they sign everything straight away, and it's free as well hopefully. I'm no expert, but as long as you lodge your partner application before your visitor's visa runs out, then you should go on bridging visa A, which kicks in when your visitor visa ends. You can then work anywhere, so in some ways it doesn't matter if your 820 takes a while to come through. The 2 years that you need to be on the 820 before you can apply to make it permanent starts from when you lodge your temporary 820, not from when it's granted.

this is what my daughter has been told by her MA, so hope that's correct.

make sure you have the long UK birth certificate, and I'm sure that there is a thread about everything you need, and it's up to you if you want to lodge with everything in place, eg police checks, or wait till asked.

the only thing my daughter waited to do was her medical, but she did take it only a few weeks after she lodged. Her visa took 10 months, but she had problems getting a police clearance through from a country she had lived in.

good luck, and try not to stress!!!

Working away so soon - can you go with him BC?

Archived